PIP appeal - will universal credit award influence our pip appeal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP appeal - will universal credit award influence our pip appeal?

Options
vickylenthall
vickylenthall Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
just appealed against Mandatory Reconsuderation decision. In meantime have applied for universal credit as my husband unable to work and he had to attend a health assessment meeting. Just had letter from them that they’ve decided he has limited capability for work and they won’t be asking him to look for work and have awarded him max disability amoubt. My query is that universal credit is run by the DWP and yet at pip assessment they decided to remove his award and yet at universal credit health assessment meeting he’s been awarded maximum. Does this mean they will change their mind at our pip appeal too as I think they’re going to look a bit stupid if they don’t, or am I wrong?

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.