Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
PIP appeal - will universal credit award influence our pip appeal?
just appealed against Mandatory Reconsuderation decision. In meantime have applied for universal credit as my husband unable to work and he had to attend a health assessment meeting. Just had letter from them that they’ve decided he has limited capability for work and they won’t be asking him to look for work and have awarded him max disability amoubt. My query is that universal credit is run by the DWP and yet at pip assessment they decided to remove his award and yet at universal credit health assessment meeting he’s been awarded maximum. Does this mean they will change their mind at our pip appeal too as I think they’re going to look a bit stupid if they don’t, or am I wrong?
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 675 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.