Loosing the will to live — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Loosing the will to live

cripps
cripps Community member Posts: 412 Pioneering
I need someone to talk to I’m loosing the will to live, suicide is looking good and soon 

Comments

• leannemich
    leannemich Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Heyyyyy don’t think like that!
    youre not alone and there’s a lot of people who feel like that, once you hit rock bottom the only way is up! I’m here for a chat. I’ve got all the time in the world :) 
    xxx
  • cripps
    Things are really bad, my life is a mess, even my health is terrible just can’t see a way out anymore. 
  • leannemich
    cripps said:
    Things are really bad, my life is a mess, even my health is terrible just can’t see a way out anymore. 
    Do you not have any family that can come around and have a night in with you?
    things may be really bad now but this time in a few weeks you’ll think what was I worrying about?
    youre worth more than thinking like that xxx
  • cripps
    I don’t have any friends or family, i live totally on my own ( well i do have a cat) I’ve been trying to sort a new home out for my cat ?. I’ve been at the bottom for a while now and i can’t find a way up. I have tried for 8 years to get somewhere but it just gets worse. I’ve got a social worker but she is totally useless and my careers just do there job, what i need is emotional needs and i don’t mean being locked up in a padded cell.
  • leannemich
    Is there no local groups you can go to? Maybe ask your social worker and see what they say because usually they do :) 
    theres also days out they can sort out for you too and you’ll be with other people, it will do you good!
    When my nana passed away my grandad used to go on all different kinds of days out because he felt lonely and he used to really enjoy it! Please  don’t think people aren’t here to help you because they  :) xx
  • cripps
    Thank you ? i really do need help and soon. 
  • leannemich
    Maybe give your social worker a call and explain how you feel, tell them you feel alone and ask for different support groups that are available and day trips and they will point you in the right direction ? I’m always here for a chat too! Xx
  • cripps
    Thanks i don’t know what to say, I’ve spoken to my social worker but she doesn’t really care or maybe understand how bad i feel. I’d like to chat, talking is a good thing, that’s what i miss most is talking to people , I know you mean well and i appropriate ever word but company would help me a lot.
  • cripps
    I did tell my social worker i was going to kill my self but she didn’t seem to botherd. 
  • leannemich
    Well she’s not a very good social worker just leaving that! Social worker or not if somebody says that means they need genuine help and support not just fobbing off! I wish I could help more than just talking over the internet xx
  • cripps
    Don’t worry it’s nice to talk, if you have something else to do you go and do it, i don’t mind. 
  • leannemich
    Don’t worry I can talk as much as you need me to ha ha! I don’t mind :) x
  • cripps
    Ok then tell me all about yourself, 
  • loopyt
    loopyt Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Hi Cripps,
    Please don't feel that you are alone, keep posting and someone will reply. If you feel you need to talk to someone straight away please don't hesitate to call the Samaritans on 116 123. They will always help xx. Are you mobile at all? Could you visit the local animal sanctuary as a way of getting to meet people? If you are not getting any help from your social worker maybe someone can tell you on here if you can request a different person to be allocated? Xx
  • leannemich
    I am 26, I have a rare genetic skin condition called Epidermolysis bullosa distrophic that causes blisters to my skin and usually have to be bandaged up (especially in this hot weather it’s a nightmare haha) its not very nice to live with but you just have to deal with it, it needs more awareness really but hey ho! I have two little girls that are 4 and 2 and they keep me on my toes (as much as they can when I can get about ha ha) what about you? :) 
  • cripps
    I’m in a wheelchair and need help getting out but nobody is willing to take me out so I’m stuck and with no visitors it’s gets very lonely. I’ve come to the end with social workers there not what i expect when i took them on. I’ve not met a nice one yet all the nice people are on this forum. ?
  • cripps
    Well I’m a middle aged man (53) in a wheelchair with one or two other problems. I’m still having treatment at other hospitals but the main problem is I’m on my own with no family. One good thing is i have a cat ? which keeps me on my toes especially at 4 in the morning. I do have two little boys but i don’t see them because there mum is not very nice ( she left me when i got cancer because it was too much for her to take) . It’s nice to hear you have children there always nice to have a round and to hear how you cope puts me to shame your very brave and you’re right conditions like yours need more awareness. It’s nice for you to be on the forum  talking to me so i assume the children are in bed ?. ? 
  • loopyt
    loopyt Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Are you able to contact your local age UK? I know you are a young man but they could put you in touch with someone local to you who could call you for a chat? It would be nice for you to make some contact locally. What area are you in? Have you explored Scopes help and support section? Keep making contact xx
  • cripps
    I haven’t tried there support  section I’ll check it out tomorrow maybe they have something in the Cheshire area where i live, thanks. It be nice if there was something local i may not feel so insulted. 
  • leannemich
    cripps said:
    Well I’m a middle aged man (53) in a wheelchair with one or two other problems. I’m still having treatment at other hospitals but the main problem is I’m on my own with no family. One good thing is i have a cat ? which keeps me on my toes especially at 4 in the morning. I do have two little boys but i don’t see them because there mum is not very nice ( she left me when i got cancer because it was too much for her to take) . It’s nice to hear you have children there always nice to have a round and to hear how you cope puts me to shame your very brave and you’re right conditions like yours need more awareness. It’s nice for you to be on the forum  talking to me so i assume the children are in bed ?. ? 
    Oh that’s the same age as my mum ? and aw two little boys! I’m sure when they’re older they will realise it wasn’t you, cancer is a awful thing. My dad died of cancer when I was 7 it gets the best people!! 
    We all deal with our conditions in different ways, I was born with EB so I’m used to it now, it hurts a lot but I have to plod on :) 
    yes they’re in bed! They’re like two little whirlwinds ha ha x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.