Hi,my name is spenny, hello everyone! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi,my name is spenny, hello everyone!

Options
spenny
spenny Community member Posts: 3 Listener

Comments

• spenny
    Options
    Anybody there???
  • hartill77
    hartill77 Community member Posts: 97 Courageous
    Options
    Hey @spenny
    Welcome to the community! Hope you find it useful! 
    Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? 
    Charlenr
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @spenny and I hope you will check in again. Welcome to the community if you do reconnect with us.
    Our chat is not 'live' like Facebook Messenger, but operates more like the Facebook post system where users post messages and others comment either immediately, if they happen to be online, or later, whenever they come into the FB page. Hope that makes sense?
    Anyway, I hope we'll hear more from you and that you'll tell us something about yourself.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • spenny
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 52 year old disabled man,over 20 years ago i was thrown over a 60 ft bridge,I was in a coma for two weeks,ive  had spondilosis depression and anxiety ever since,I haven't worked since then and the depression is so bad because i cannot work.the DSS want me to go to a job search interview but the anxiety I feel hinders me from going outside.i have type 2 diabetes also
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @spenny and thank you for getting back to us..It is good to hear from you, but I am sorry to see that you're having a tough time.
    I hope the bridge incident was an accident?
    Spondylosis, I know, is a frequent source of chronic pain, and I know that we have members here who are familiar with it and with osteoarthritis. You're likely to find conversations on the subject in our 'Dealing with chronic pain' forum, so it might be worth a look. And we have lots of members who are familiar with anxiety and depression (including me). Might be worth looking at the 'Ask a mental health advisor' thread. If you feel able to join in any of the conversations, it is a good way to meet people and find those who can relate to your own experience.
    I've no doubt we have diabetes sufferers also, and whatever happens you will find other members getting in touch with you as your post filters through to them.
    I hope this is of some use to you. Whatever else, don't hesitate to ask us any questions. You matter here.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
    @JennysDad

Brightness