Loosing the will to live - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Loosing the will to live

124»

Comments

• cripps
    cripps Community member Posts: 412 Pioneering
    Very true in fact that’s the end of that conversation , let’s talk about something else. 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cripps
    Im sorry to hear you have been feeling down again, it's good to see so many responses from members and it is good to hear you sounding a little brighter in more recent posts.

As we have said before, if you feel you can't keep yourself safe right now, seek immediate help.
    • go to any hospital A&E department (sometimes known as the emergency department)
    • call 999 and ask for an ambulance if you can't get to A&E
    • ask someone else to contact 999 for you or take you to A&E immediately

If you need some support right now, but don't want to go to A&E, here are some other options for you to try:

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • cripps
    Hi ? sam to be honest I’ve come to the end now it’s sad and a waste but i can’t do this anymore to many people interfering in my life, i haven’t got a life my life ended a long time ago. 
  • RainbowEyes
    RainbowEyes Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Cripps, you're really not alone, there are people out there who genuinely care and I'm confident if you keep searching you'll find them. I know right now finding inner strength seems impossible, but I want you to dig deep and scrape that final bit of will to live and make a phonecall. To the samaritans, to any mentalhealth helpline. You can do this Cripps!
  • cripps
    Thanks for your support but I’m not sure if i want to make a phone call. My social worker knows everything and even my GP but they haven’t done anything so to be honest if they don’t care then that’s it. I’ve got a couple of weeks to make the decision so I’ll roll it round my head for a while, I’m about 90% to ending it but you never know what’s around the corner. 
  • sue66
    sue66 Community member Posts: 124 Pioneering
    cripps said:
    Thanks for your support but I’m not sure if i want to make a phone call. My social worker knows everything and even my GP but they haven’t done anything so to be honest if they don’t care then that’s it. I’ve got a couple of weeks to make the decision so I’ll roll it round my head for a while, I’m about 90% to ending it but you never know what’s around the corner. 
    Neil its Sue again. no you don't know whats around that corner. Give it a month not a couple of weeks.  Not prying but you mention bladder problems as well. I know from experience just this alone is enough to make one feel extremely uncomfortable and miserable too. Presume your being thoroughly checked out and hope your not suffering from any sort of infection, i know these can be very painful. (not expecting an answer to this one) 
     As to making another phone call, ok your not getting any wheres with social workers or GP so why not give one of the other numbers a go, this may well be what you need, to talk to someone who has the time to listen and actually help you.  This move may take you to another level around that corner which you so rightfully deserve and need.  so don't roll it around in your head for to long Neil.
    Sue 
  • cripps
    Hi sue hope you’re doing well? The problem with my bladder is that it doesn’t work anymore and my stomach is giving up so i have to food through a tube, as well as that my bowl doesn’t work and the pain has just gone through the roof. I just feel like my body is giving up on me. The cancer just destroyed any life i had because what I’ve got now is worthless. Sorry to sound miserable ? but I’m finding really hard. 
  • cripps
    And please call me Neil it sounds a lot better than cripps.?
  • sam12
    sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
    We won't be able to eat or anything bills rising up food etc we all be trapped in our homes . Serious action need prompting to mp
  • sam12
    Well if  lose mine am goin to starve myself was don't cover much 
  • sam12
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sam12, how are you doing today? As mentioned on your other post, please take care of yourself and if you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. You can call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

If there's anything we can help or support you with in terms of your ESA application, please do let us know. It can feel like a really daunting process but even if the outcome isn't what you're hoping for, there are ways to appeal the decision and ensure you're getting the correct award.
  • sam12
    Worried about  pip. And my bf phns been off am worried he had a heart attack  he already had a stroke
  • sam12
    cripps said:
    I need someone to talk to I’m loosing the will to live, suicide is looking good and soon 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.