PIP been reduced - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP been reduced

Options
2»

Comments

• shany
    shany Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
    @Yadnad
    I had a knee replacement 2 yrs ago BUT developed osteoarthritis in the kneecap! So you can see why I'm reluctant to go thru a 2nd knee replacement! 
  • shany
    Options
    My pip for enhanced mobility was reduced to the Standard Rate and was due for review in 2019 BUT what the DWP have done is extended my PIP till 2021. Why would they do this? 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    shany said:
    My pip for enhanced mobility was reduced to the Standard Rate and was due for review in 2019 BUT what the DWP have done is extended my PIP till 2021. Why would they do this? 

Quite possibly to ensure that they only pay you the standard rate for another two years whereas if you had appealed now and managed to get through the heartache it causes they may well have had to pay you at the Enhanced rate.
  • shany
    Options
    That makes sense to me now. 
    I think they're just desperate to get their figures down. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @ajones this is a 2 year old thread and the OP hasn't logged in for 18 months.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• davegregson40
    davegregson40 Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    Options
    I would also advise getting medical evidence, PIP is non means-tested, you are entitled if you have a serious health condition that affects your day-to-day living and getting around, definitely contact the DWP and most local authorities have a specific WElfare Rights officer. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ajones

Would you like your comment to be made into it's own discussion so that you can elaborate on your question a bit more? If so, you can do that by navigating to the home page and then selecting "new discussion", alternatively I can create it for you. 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.