Political Party principally for disabled people - we need you! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Political Party principally for disabled people - we need you!

Options
AbilityInAction
AbilityInAction Community member Posts: 18 Connected
Hi All,
Like many, I am sick to death with how disabled people are being treated, so I have decided to attempt to start a new party. Not only do we need lots of members but we also need key figures, including a treasurer!
So if you have a
background in accounting/book keeping please e-mail abilityinaction@mail.com or join our facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1349035641867426If you are wondering why we need a party - think how UKIP, although never in power, managed to push through Brexit. We don't need to be in power to be powerful - so, come and join us - what have you got to lose? 

Thanks all :-)

Read more at https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/home#Esk0pXLBbCukf6Ri.99

Comments

• littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    Options
    Sounds great too me .havent hot a clue how politics in general works tbh.but I wioukd love too join as I agree with the policies .look forward too reading more .good luck and good on you!x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 43 Listener
    Options
    You need to have more than one agenda. UKIP of course was to have a referendum but they wanted counci, to repair and fix every empty homes they had, before building new homes to protect greenbelts.  

What's your polices on NHS, Brexit, education, transport, economy, sports and culture, environmental issues and foreign polices?  These are what public minds. 

Maybe stand at the next by-election for Tories and campaign for disabled people rights on your agenda. Campaign outside Job Centre and lower class areas.

No one really votes for the fringe or independent parties in mass quantities. All three major parties are in a total mess especially Labour !   

• Gaina
    Gaina Community member Posts: 133 Pioneering
    Options
    I think @andyjd has a good point.  I think we can be more effective within an action group aimed at encouraging cross-party discussions on issues affecting disabled people. ?

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.