PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Have your say about your online community! Complete our annual survey.

Question about overdoses by PIP assessor?

sam12sam12 Member [under moderation] Posts: 1,347 Pioneering
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
Has anyone else been intimidated about overdoses like pip assessor said if u don't like life why u still here what stopping u from goin I like to hear from anyone pls what u goin to do about it

Replies

• mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,778 Disability Gamechanger
    There are lots of bad stories about PIP HCPs but equally there are also legitimate questions and without knowing which yours was it’s hard to say. You have the right to complain to the assessment provider but you need to ask yourself to what end.
  • sam12sam12 Member [under moderation] Posts: 1,347 Pioneering
    Not inappropriate this what the pip nurse said to me this shouldnt be allowed specially when someone is suicidal 
    There are two sides to every story. So, if you’re claiming PIP on mental ill health grounds it’s not unreasonable to be asked about the impact as the impact is what PIP is all about. You would hardly expect to qualify without being asked about anything for example. 

In your case what the PIP assessor was hopefully trying to get at was the circumstances and motivation behind ODs e.g, whether they were accidental or  prevented from being fatal by accidental interventions from others (to use one example). That would arguably help go some way to determining whether you could perform activities reliably for example. 

So if you raised the issue in a claim pack; supporting evidence or at the face to face then the question is absolutely legitimate. That the question is asked at all will inevitably be upsetting to some people no matter how it’s phrased. It’s arguable that there’s actually no good way to phrase it. However, of the soecucyc phrasing upset you then, as per the previous post, you have the right to complain, but...

... again... is the complaint relevant if you qualified? What will it change? If you didn’t qualify or didn’t get the rate you expected then you go down the MR route but could complain also.

On the other hand, if you haven’t yet had a decision, I’d be waiting until you get an outcome and see how you feel then.
    U no idea of the trauma I suffered I certainly will get it .think about it own issues be 4 judging anyone.no appropriate for a nurse to say that. My bf say I good grounds against them he is the law and social welfare. He known me 13years so other people all know my health issues.just u concentrate on ur own issues don't judge people. Ifnu wana know I did win pip enhances payment moblity so hope ur satisfied 
    I have not judged you or your story in any way. I have twice offered a balanced response. If you don’t wish to accept that others may have a different perspective to yourself that’s your choice. You’re clearly aware you can complain. Good luck with it. 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    I totally agree with mike here. As you were awarded PIP and you say you were awarded Enhanced mobility, what about daily living were you awarded that as well? If you were then i have no idea what the point of complaining would be, i'm not even sure where it would get you at this point.

When going for these assessments, the HCPs have every right to ask you those questions because they're trying to get a picture of you and how your condition affects you.

No one is judging you! You had good advice from mike and he certainly knows what he's talking about here.

Move on, and relax now you have that PIP award. There's a lot of people out there still fighting for there award.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    I struggle with reading and understanding it 
    U don't need to  picture my health issues. I am actually appealing it because amount isn't right. No business who judges me.we all in same boat. Least I have help of bf he a top lawyer welfare advocate.ig u don't open up about health issues u not get pip i been told this other week.  Opening up to decscribe what has causes it then u win pip 
    I don't wish to be intimidated trying to decscribe my health if I told u it would make me upset because how seriousness of it
    Any answer yet on what a “top lawyer welfare advocate” is? It’s a new phrase to me. Anyone can call themselves a lawyer but that’s very different to a practising solicitor for example. 
Sign in or join us to comment.