Hi, my name is peterlongbow1966! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is peterlongbow1966!

Options
peterlongbow1966
peterlongbow1966 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone,  thanks for letting me join.

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @peterlongbow1966, welcome to the community!

Feel free to have a look at our different groups and discussions to see what you might like to get involved with, and please do get in touch if you have any questions :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @peterlongbow1966

Good Morning & Welcome to our online community.

Please please let me know know if I can help/support you???

Many Thanks.
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @peterlongbow1966 and a warm welcome to the community. Good to have you with us.
    You've chosen an interesting ID :smile: I've never got to use one, but I love the old English longbow. You a fan too?
    Anyway, please don't hesitate to tell us anything or ask us anything that might help us to be of use to you.
    Warmest best wishes,
    @JennysDad
  • peterlongbow1966
    peterlongbow1966 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Yes i used to shoot the longbow and coach archery.

Thanks for having me on board. 
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @peterlongbow1966 and thank you for your response. Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you but I seem to have been catching up on a lot of unanswered posts.
    I've never handled a longbow, sadly, but it is a weapon for which, as a historian of sorts, I have a lot of respect. I'd love to try it out, of course, but these days I doubt very much I'd have the drawing power needed. And you coached archery? Wish I had met you in that role. The closest I ever really got was a bow called a 'Black Knight', bought maybe 50 years ago, that comprised of a flexible steel rod in plastic sheathing. It was dangerous enough, and thrilling to the teenager I then was, but I always wanted to practice with the 'real thing'. Too much exposure to 'Robin Hood' as a child, perhaps.
    All that aside, would you care to tell us a little more about yourself and your current situation? The better we get to know you, the more easily we may find ways of being of use to you.
    Warmest best wishes,
    @JennysDad

Brightness