Home visit for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Home visit for PIP

galido1958
galido1958 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi Everyone.
I am so scared and confused.Had my pip form,answered and sent it back.I have received news back today.Telling me they are doing a home visit on July 2nd.
I have been on DLA for several years, and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome before Atos was even heard of, they had put me in the safe group,and only a few months ago they sent a letter (Dwp) saying they were giving me payments indefinitely. 
They are coming to my house,this will be my 4th home visit. After the last visit from them the stopped my money,had to appeal and won the case.
I''m so much idler this time and I don't know if I can stand going through it all over again.The last time,visit +appeal made my conditions so much worse and it took me weeks to get over it. My pain has gone from a 5/6 right right up to a 9 today,and will continue until it's done with.
Does any one have anything that may help me with the interview?
Thankyou
Gabby

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Gabby @galido1958 and a very warm welcome to you. So very sorry to read of your suffering. There are no words, really.
    I can't advise you on anything here directly, but we do have people here who may be able to help. We do have PIP resources on the site, especially in the 'Talk about PIP/DLA' thread, so you might like to have a look at those, especially at the 'PIP frequently asked questions' part, and in the meanwhile I am going to refer your post to our benefits team.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    @JennysDad
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    I have  fibro and CFS and the worse thing you can do is get stressed as the condition flares up after my 1st appeal i was bed ridden for a week afterwards caused by the stress so on the 2nd appeal i did not go and still won.
    CFS is recognised by the DWP and restricts your ability to carry out daily living and mobility tasks so just be yourself you do not have to prove anything.
    They take fatigue seriously to the point they usually allocate a home visit rather than travel to a centre because they know if you expel to much energy you suffer the next day 
    Good luck
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Everyone.
    I am so scared and confused.Had my pip form,answered and sent it back.I have received news back today.Telling me they are doing a home visit on July 2nd.
    I have been on DLA for several years, and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome before Atos was even heard of, they had put me in the safe group,and only a few months ago they sent a letter (Dwp) saying they were giving me payments indefinitely. 
    They are coming to my house,this will be my 4th home visit. After the last visit from them the stopped my money,had to appeal and won the case.
    I''m so much idler this time and I don't know if I can stand going through it all over again.The last time,visit +appeal made my conditions so much worse and it took me weeks to get over it. My pain has gone from a 5/6 right right up to a 9 today,and will continue until it's done with.
    Does any one have anything that may help me with the interview?
    Thankyou
    Gabby
    Hi,

Unfortunately  DLA no longer exists as it's now been replaced with PIP. I'm not sure how they sent you a letter a few months ago saying they will pay you indefinitely. PIP first started on 8th April 2013 and everyone who was under 65 on that date would be transferred across eventually. There are no life time awards for DLA anymore.

During that assessment you'll be asked questions based on the PIP descriptors and how your conditions affect you daily. You should answer those questions with as much detail as possible and avoid answering just yes or no. They will be watching you from the minute they arrive to the minute you leave.

Did you send in evidence to support your claim? They very rarely contact anyone for this. The onus is on you to make sure it's sent.

Good luck and hopefully everything will be fine.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sue1965
    sue1965 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    Please try to ask someone to go with you, or be with you. So many think we can deal with it alone and it is one of the most traumatic times of my life. Don`t get discouraged and keep on fighting. I myself am waiting for tribunal paperwork to see if I have enough evidence to approach a high tribunal. God bless

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.