Make everyone with a lifetime disability, mental or physical, have life time PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Make everyone with a lifetime disability, mental or physical, have life time PIP

Shlbly
Shlbly Community member Posts: 136 Pioneering

Make everyone with a lifetime disability, mental or physical, have life time PIP 4 votes

Everyone needs to sign!
75%
debbiedo49sam12alisonann 3 votes
10,000 signatures needed
25%
Quinlan1 1 vote

Comments

• mckee05
    mckee05 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Yes to that people that have been born with disability are not going to get better your not going to grow legs arms
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Wouldnt let me vote???
    Shame wasnt set up properly 
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    I appreciate the thought behind this but I am not sure that many mental conditions are permanent, most will respond to treatment. Even some physical conditions could become non-permanent with sufficient research. A lot are not of the "missing limb" kind and even those could be resolved if they ever figure out how to re-grow body parts. For now it would be logical for PIP to have a list of conditions which are currently permanent but then what about conditions like mine which are new and unheard of? In addition you cannot say at what point even some known conditions become disabling without a current assessment. People can be diagnosed with MS long before it makes them unable to function, for example.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Shlbly
    mckee05 said:
    Yes to that people that have been born with disability are not going to get better your not going to grow legs arms
    You need to click on the link, not the vote button ?
  • Shlbly
    Misscleo said:
    Wouldnt let me vote???
    Click on the link
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Here is the link shared above for anybody wanting to sign the petition!
  • Shlbly
    Misscleo said:
    Wouldnt let me vote???
    Click on the link.
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Right went to your link guess what still isnt set up correctly.
    You go all the way through then it says you havnt signed up.
    That's a waste of time. Tried 5 times you go all the way through then it STILL says you havnt signed up.
    Even though it's taken ALL your details 
  • Shlbly
    Here is the link shared above for anybody wanting to sign the petition!
    Sorry you couldn’t do it Misscleo try this one, I’m not the best on computers ?
  • Shlbly
    Misscleo said:
    Right went to your link guess what still isnt set up correctly.
    You go all the way through then it says you havnt signed up.
    That's a waste of time. Tried 5 times you go all the way through then it STILL says you havnt signed up.
    Even though it's taken ALL your details 
    See Pippa Scopes link, you have to go to your email to confirm.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Petition signed, hopefully some good will come from it
  • sam12
    sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
    Everyone needs to sign!
    We all need life award
  • axwy62
    axwy62 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
    Actually, I think the real issue is that because a very, very small minority have claimed disability benefits to which they were not entitled, all claimants are now assumed to be lying and/or exagerating until proven otherwise. There's also still a general misconception that DWP will ask your GP or Consultant or whoever else you've put on the form for information, otherwise why would they need their details? I've not seen any statistics about the proportion of cases where 'further information' is asked for, but I bet it's pretty low.

• Shlbly
    axwy62 said:
    Actually, I think the real issue is that because a very, very small minority have claimed disability benefits to which they were not entitled, all claimants are now assumed to be lying and/or exagerating until proven otherwise. There's also still a general misconception that DWP will ask your GP or Consultant or whoever else you've put on the form for information, otherwise why would they need their details? I've not seen any statistics about the proportion of cases where 'further information' is asked for, but I bet it's pretty low.

Sorry don’t agree with you on that one, as I had everything stopped when going from IB to ESA back in 2012, was bedbound and had been for four days prior, lost all monies and car, reinstated three months later. Now going from DLA high rate indefinite to PIP in February 2017, lower rate on both, MR and Appeal still stayed the same, just submitted new claim after eight hour appointment, and put in a complaint re assessor done by phone and email with CAB. None of my illnesses will ever get better, so explain that one. Nothing to do with fake claims, more like lying Atos assessors!
  • Milly123
    Milly123 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Wouldn't let me vote???? Tried several times.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger

which I now have the time to comment upon. The assumption that a proportion of claimants lie has always been there and has nothing to do with fraudulent claims, which are at a negligible level. 

The intention is that only a small proportion of medical professionals would be contacted has always been the case so, yes, it is very low.
    How do the DWP come up with these magical figures of a percentage of claims that are known to be fraudulent?

If the DWP know this why aren't they prosecuting the offenders to such an extent that the figure goes to 0?

If on the other hand it is nothing more than an estimate based on assumption then the actual figure could well be a lot higher (or lower).

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Everyone needs to sign!
    Over 38000 wow!
  • Shlbly
    Yes, but contrary to the original post, 100,000 were needed not 10,000 so it fell well short and in the context of 6m disabled people of working age (the ones impacted by PIP) that’s 0.6% of those who could have voted. Kinda tells you it was not the right question.
    It doesn’t finish till November 2018
  • Shlbly
    Shlbly said:
    You need to click on this link, and then answer the email you are sent.
  • Shlbly
    Ah, correct. My bad. It’s not going to come near though is it.
    No worries, if everyone keeps signing and sharing it might.

Brightness