Pain relief options — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pain relief options

edsneedhelp
edsneedhelp Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hello I have Ehlers danlos syndrome type 3 and fibromyalgia as well as many other chronic conditions and I suffer with severe pain daily. I have found no relief from any pain medication and have completed a 9 month pain management course. I have also done physiotherapy which was unsuccessful and my physio told me a few months ago he couldn’t help me anymore. I had a lignocaine infusion 2 months ago which was unsuccessful and my pain management doctor told me there is nothing else he can do. I have now exhausted all pain relief options and am wondering if anyone knows if there is anything I can do?

Comments

• GalDriver
    GalDriver Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
    Oh, sweetheart, you've tried so much, I can't imagine how frustrating that is. I've tried a lot but not as much as you. The only thing that really gives me some respite is cannabis but it's expensive and illegal in England :-( I make fudge squares with it and a couple of those gently relaxes my body and takes away the pain for a little while. It is a natural product (from a plant) unlike all those allopathic pharmacy drugs that have horrid side-effects. 

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @edsneedhelp and a very big welcome to the community! 

Thank you very much for sharing your story and I am sorry to hear that pain management is not going well. I hope someone in the community is able to provide advice on this.

If you need anything then please do not hesitate to let me know!
    Scope

• edsneedhelp
    edsneedhelp Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hello thank you I also use cannabis, I take cbd oil which is legal but also take the proper cannabis oil and smoke it and eat it but it’s so expensive and hard to get hold of and obviously I can get into trouble if caught 

Brightness