Let’s hear some success stories! - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Let’s hear some success stories!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 142 Listener
    @Castleford1 that’s amazing! Well done you on making sure your daughter gets the right award. Here’s hoping I get a phone call, it has been put on my PIP form that it would be traumatic for me. Xx
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @niknoo
    Me too had a great result first time, I had Paper Based assessment No FTF. DLA to PIP ongoing both Enhanced. As I've said to your good self when sending in any evidence make sure it's NOT marked Private or Confidential or in Confidence. Make sure it only states "To whome it may concern" otherwise it will not be passed to the DWP Decision Maker.

Also make sure it covers your functional ability that way it will have a better impact for you decision. Like it did for me.

So yes they can sometimes get it right, as I know I can rest for a time.

Good thread for members to share there experiences.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• [Deleted User]
    Hello @Governments_A_Joke my good friend, I got the text on Monday saying that they’d got my form, which has now sent my anxiety into overdrive, so I thought hearing other people’s good experiences might help calm my nerves and help many others in my situation. 

My form was well completed, very through! I sent off my recent mental health evaluation that has my diagnosis of BPD and complex PTSD, and how my moods can be very unstable (also covers how I suffer from very bad anxiety and depression) I sent off many recent reports from consultants and one explains that on their examination I have reduced movement in my neck (less then 50% being achieved without pain) that I also have weakness in my limbs and urinary problems, also a very good supporting letter form my doctor explaining that I find all daily activities impossible due to pain, fatigue, breathlessness, etc and I have poor mobility so I’m hoping that will help go towards a paper based decision. Fingers crossed. Xx
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    I know atm people with epilepsy are not being treated very well when it comes to PIP....just hope things improve for epileptic people
    It's not just for people with epilepsy, it is poor for all manner of mental and physical disabilities.
    Geez I am just one step away from Pancreatic Cancer and a whole range of other major problems - but the DWP doesn't believe that I can possibly have any difficulties with anything never mind the side effects of the 5 pages of medication that is keeping me alive. 
    edited July 2018
    @Yadnad I really do feel for you and you are in a bad state. I think personally you should take your situation up with your MP as you are very much suffering surrounding your illnesses and other issues you also face.

As this thread was purely setup to post positive comments.

If I was you fight for your right you seem quite intelligent to me from some of your posts I've read here.

I know it's hard to get what you feel you deserve  but fight it. Many are having difficulty within this whole process as it is me included. But please be mindful as many of us are at our wits end surrounding this Government and the DWP.

Maybe it's worth phoning scopes helpline to see if they could offer you any advice, they've helped me.

@niknoo Always welcome hun. Fingers crossed for you and you've done and sent enough in to see this process through to a Paper Based assessment.

Just a waiting game now like me with my ESA they've had my form two and a half weeks now and plenty of updated info sent with it. Hoping for PBR and exemption this time too.

Good luck xxx
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• [Deleted User]
    Yes please let’s keep this post positive please! ❤️
  • Castleford1
    Castleford1 Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    Good luck Niknoo.  I'm sure you will be fine.  It sounds as if you have sent them a lot of back up evidence.  I did too and I do think it helped in my daughters case.
  • [Deleted User]
    @Castleford1 charity that helped me fill out my form was very impressed with the factual evidence my GP very quickly helped me get, I had everything I needed within a week! I’m very lucky to be supported by such a fantastic GP :) so fingers crossed. I will keep you all updated. Xx
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @Castleford1 & @niknoo

Is it worth asking people who felt the claim process went well and they were happy with the awards.

Did they get the assistance of a Welfare Rights Adviser, to assist with completing form?
    I did.
    Did they sent supporting documents, with claim form to DWP?
    I did, got these from my record at GP surgery.
     What to you think?

Best wishes
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2018
    @atlas46 sorry I don’t get what you are getting at? Fibro fog gets bad at this of the day. Do you mean you’re applying for PIP and you do the above steps? Xx
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Just asking how people prepared for their claim.

Did they get assistance, in filling form out.

Did they send supporting information with claim form.
  • [Deleted User]
    Ah I see, well I can’t answer for everyone else but if you read my comments above you’ll see how I prepared for my claim, I think it is beneficial for others to share their experiences. Xx
  • [Deleted User]
    @Username_removed thank you, I felt we all needed some positivity :) 
  • [Deleted User]
    @Username_removed i had no idea you’re an advisor. Do you help people with benefit claims then? xx
  • [Deleted User]
    I wondered why you always seemed some highly informative, well thank you for all the hard worl you do for people who need kelp :) xxx
  • [Deleted User]
    I’ll be honest, I’ve found the whole process scary and really making me
    ill, well worse than I usually am, I’ve had DLA my entire adult life, and the thought of losing it absolutely terrifies me. So coming on here and reading success stories and gaining invaluable information from members like you has massosnlu helped. Xx
    @niknoo I thought you would have guessed our @Username_removed is a welfare adviser, he certainly has some great knowledge that's for sure you may have seen him on rightsnet too. 

Ive found his advice very useful in the past to. I did say to him I would hire him to fight my corner if I needed it. But as he states if your not in his area he can't help us. 

Mike 
    I will move to your neck of the woods if and when I need your services. As I know what part you work lol.  Also mike I have to agree it's great to see a thread like this one I agree. I diden't realise your on DLA? You won't have any problems getting PIP your words are to clever for them. Hahaha.

To much doom and gloom we always hear.
    ⬇️

You will be amused to learn that many years ago I had to do a reconsideration to get my own DLA. I strongly suspect my PIP conversion will need to go all the way to appeal. Nature of the beast at present.

@Username_removed seriously, never would have thought that you would have struggled.

My little bit of free advice for you then when I transferred over from DLA last October is send in recent updated functional information.

But remember mike I couldent resist mentioning this to you. :p:p

"make sure it's NOT marked Private or Confidential or in Confidence. Make sure it only states "To whome it may concern" otherwise it will not be passed to the DWP Decision Maker"

⬇️

Silly me @Username_removed oh dear I added an e on the end "whom" I diden't learn well at school. :o

I was in a similar situation as yourself when I first claimed, I left it for many years and various people said you should be getting DLA I found the whole process embarrassing, but battled on and ended up with PB indef I had help with the form and the way they worded it helped.

That's the trouble as time moves on you then get parked by the NHS or your GP.
    So evidence become old lucky enough it states on my records I will only deteriorate further, I've since in the last few years been under the cosh bad with my MH and got a great support team and they know full well I'm buggered they've done some great reports all upto date for my ESA. I have six different diagnosis which all effect me functionally.

So hoping my ESA goes well and get exempted as I'm already in the SG and I fit their full criteria for it with both my mobility and MH.

So sad mike to hear the issues you have had to Face I wish you well and hope this time you get a PB instead :) of an assessment.
    ⬇️

Nah, I’ll definitely be a face to face.

@Username_removed Have a little faith my brother this is a happy thread. I suppose expect the worse and hope for the best. Let us know when it happens good luck. <3
    ⬇️

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.