Assessor not turned up — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessor not turned up

lightup
lightup Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi l had a home assessment booked today and they just didn't turn up! It's a review l had the same thing happen last year and my gp rang them They said it was because they thought l was a danger to myself or others and it is their policy not to due home visits in these cases I am in bits tonight As l suppose l will now have to attend a centre l had put no change on my form.

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi lightup
    Contact them as soon as you can asking why they didn’t turn up and also contact the DWP.This happened to me and I was able to get my appointment rebooked.If you do nothing you will be put down as a no show and you will have to reapply.
       Debsidoo.x
  • lightup
    I rang the dip and they said they,'ll put a note on their files l will contact Atos on Monday but when l rang them last year They said they would do a paperwork assessment then sent me an appointment 20 miles away which l objected to Then sent me to a horrible paramedic down the road l am so struggling with  y mental health l don't know which way to turn 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear this @lightup, how frustrating! Has there been any progress today?
  • Terminator3
    Terminator3 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I don't mess with the DWP what I do is go straight to the top I get email addresses off ceomail and write to the person in charge of the assessment company and the DWP and tell them you are complaining about the HP from that company not turning up for your home assessment. You don't know their name or profession as they didn't turn up. 
    Some HP's have the cheek to park up near the address then drive off after 5 minutes or so and say they didn't get an answer when they knocked. 
  • lightup
    Yes l rang Atos and they said "Oh we didn't have an assessor available We have put you back on the system and will contact you when someone becomes available"!! lve had to visit my GP today to up my medication as my depression and anxiety is really bad now ? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.