Hi, my name is kazahans! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is kazahans!

kazahans
kazahans Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I am 58. Diagnosed with Parkinson's  disease 2009. Doing fine. Have been without a consultant since January so it leave a lot of us up north in limbo as no sign of a new one showing up. Still working love my garden. Meditate, bit of the old hippy really. Am trying the keto diet not strict at 80 grams carbs read of amazing results in MS and type 2 diabetics. Good enough for them good enough for me, but oh I miss chip buttys. Have as good a day as you can x 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @kazahans   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing.

We are supportive caring community.

Have a look around. Look at Specific conditions and for information and advice. May be of interest to you.

Ask the community anything.

Good to hear the diet is going well. May be would you like to tell the community about it. Many of our community members will be interested.

I am one.  Have been on The Med Diet for a long time. Helps every day.  Into my healthy food with recipes, tips and tricks.

Nothing wrong in being a old hippy lots of our members would love to chat.  I like my music and am always happy to hear others who are the same.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kazahans and a warm welcome to the community! Thank you for sharing this with us- I do love a good chip butty!
    Please do have a look around and get involved with discussions :)
    If you need anything then please do let me know, have a lovely day!
    Scope

• kazahans
    kazahans Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi spiceman.
    One of our GPS are doing a study into how low carb  high fat diet helps with medical conditions not just weight loss. remarkable success in the diabetes type 2 and MS. so signed up,  joined pintest typed keto recepies and thousands. Fingers crossed it may help relive some symptoms. One couple whos wife has MS have just had their 100th night of undisturbed sleep. I do so wish for that. What have I to loose. Well few stones would be good but if it helps in other areas it a winner. X 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @kazahans   Thank you for sharing. Sounds interesting. One of the main factors in any controlling conditions is diet and looking at what can be used to alleviate symptoms.

Plus the knowledge and information that be beneficial to your well being.

I am one recently well since being part of SCOPE community .  Lots of the posts I write are about what you can do.

Of course before starting anything whether diet or lifestyle changes. Consult your Doctors for appropriate advice.

I am still doing a lot of reading and research for my own conditions. Dr Google is not for every body and I stress that.  Got a lot of qualifications relating to health and food to help myself understanding why I am. 

Remember a lot of the health information on the web and especially recently around the messages we all receive.  Either from Government Health Departments or from other sources are always mixed and can be controversial.

Have a look on the forum  lots of discussions.  Worth a read.

Pleasure to meet you. Hope to speak again anytime.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness