Hi, my name is CrazyDave! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is CrazyDave!

Options
CrazyDave
CrazyDave Community member Posts: 1 Listener
We have to go before a court next month to fight for our 7 year old's DLA, i find this to be very stressful and quite frankly, scary, we have waited almost a year for this and am wondering if anyone can give us some useful tips or insights. Thanks.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @CrazyDave

Welcome to the community!

I haven't experienced what you're going through but other members may have done and I'm sure they'd be more than happy to offer you their advice and support.

I just wanted to make sure that you know that your message has not gone unnoticed, I'm sure someone will get in touch soon who has experienced this. 

In my thoughts

@Ami2301
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @CrazyDave   Pleased to meet you welcome.  I can understand the stress and strain of anything like this.

I wish you the best. All I can say at the assessment. Be aware it is always anxious. Having done so many assessments.  What is important is to be honest and tell the truth.  Which I know you will do but also there will be questions on daily living, welfare and how your son is.

There is information on our benefit advice talk about PIP and DLA which has information and advice from members of our community. Hope that helps.

Hope and pray for you as the community will advise best they can in this difficult time.

Always here anytime to listen best of luck.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness