PIP tribunal successful - how long does it take to receive backdated money? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP tribunal successful - how long does it take to receive backdated money?

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Balletdude and welcome

Congratulations
    It is usual for reviews to take place a year before the end date of an award
    It usually takes DWP 5-8 weeks to put an appeal award into payment
    It is advisable to ring the DWP to make sure that they have received a copy
    When you receive your award letter check  both the end date and the review date

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • kimmy1
    kimmy1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi i had to wait 6month for my tribunal which i eventually had on 19th April and was awarded the enhance mobility which was taken away from me from when i changed from DLA to PIP.  It was backdated to april 17 aswell.  I am due my normal payment on wednesday so i am hoping they have made the adjustments and pay my new rate along with the backdated payment.  I say to anyone if you do t get your mandortory reconsideration do go and appeal its not as bad as i thought it would be and just be yourself and answer with confidence and thruth.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community, @kimmy1!
  • julie1962
    julie1962 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hi @juejue,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you on board.

I'm glad to hear your tribunal was successful - congratulations!

I've moved this post to our Talk about PIP/DLA category. Do you have any other tips or advice about the appeals process which you give to other members of the community?

As for how long it takes to get the money you're owed, I believe the average time is around 6 weeks, but you could call them and check on the progress if you like.  The contact number for ongoing claims is 0345 850 3322.

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions, do get in touch!

• manthyfin
    manthyfin Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Hi i won my pip tribunal 3 wks ago now .and had a phone call from dwp yesterday .just wondered how long i have to wait now before i get my money .
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @manthyfin you should get it paid into your account in the next week or two, usually 28 days after the appeal
  • manthyfin
  • manthyfin
    Does my esa getting put back up aswell .
  • manthyfin
    Will my esa go up aswell
  • manthyfin
    Can i ring dwp to see when its going in i did ring back on monday as just to make sure they had my correct bank details .or should i just wait would it go ageist me if i rang again.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    You can ring them anytime. Not sure why you think doing this will go against you. Hopefully it won't be too long before you have your money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • manthyfin
    Thank you .i just thought if you rang to many times .they would relook at my  claim its just im so behind on my bills and everything where i have had no money for a year now and i have bailiffs  knocking on my door .just want to get straight again .
  • tinaj1970
    tinaj1970 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    I had my appeal on July 20th2018 after going from enhanced living and mobility to getting 0 points at my assessment the mandatory review was a waste of time at my appeal they awarded me me standard living rate back it’s been 28 days now with not a single letter from pip dept every time I ring up it’s still with case manager they were quick enough stopping my claim but no rush to now reinstate it it’s been nearly a year now 
  • tinaj1970
    tinaj1970 said:
    Update I had a text this morning asking to ring them theythen asked the have you been in hospital or prison and are bank details the same question then said ok payment including back dated due will be In bank within 7 days so I’m all it’s taken 28 days I had my appeal on July 20th2018 after going from enhanced living and mobility to getting 0 points at my assessment the mandatory review was a waste of time at my appeal they awarded me me standard living rate back it’s been 28 days now with not a single letter from pip dept every time I ring up it’s still with case manager they were quick enough stopping my claim but no rush to now reinstate it it’s been nearly a year now 

• tinaj1970
    tinaj1970 said:
    tinaj1970 said:
    Update I had a text this morning asking to ring them theythen asked the have you been in hospital or prison and are bank details the same question then said ok payment including back dated due will be In bank within 7 days so I’m all it’s taken 28 days from them receiving appeal descision and exactly 10 months from when they stopped my money 

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @tinaj1970,

Sorry to hear that you're still waiting on this. Have you considered contacting your MP about this to see if they can help?

@BenefitsTrainingCo, do you have any advice as to how to chase this up?
    Liam
  • tinaj1970
    After a call this morning they have stated money will be in bank within 7 days finally 
  • wezzy
    wezzy Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi I am new I don't get how people are getting back pay my hubby was on DLA for life high rate Motability he has been on it for 30 odd years he was sent for a medical he has so many illnesses and  so much medication far to much to go into he had polio as a child and has always had crutches now he is older a mobility scooter they are a pain to get in and out he went on his crutches he has a bad heart scoliosis of the spine one leg much bigger than the other he got standard rate care and lost his high rate to low mobility this was back in may they did a resentment of his claim after his doctor got involved who knows  him better than anyone, how I'll he is,he isn't a greedy person he didn't bother about the care but he is still waiting for his money he got the money back they owed him from DLA because that was paid in area's now they are saying he has to wait till September because he is getting paid in area's again the nurse who did his medical told so many lyes how are they getting away with this.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm understanding this as you saying that he was sent for another assessment after the first decision was made, yes? What was the decision after the other assessment and what award of PIP does he currently have?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kwitty26
    kwitty26 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi. I'm new to the community. I am the appointee for my son who has learning difficulties and epilepsy. He has been on DLA since he was 5. He is also in the support group for ESA. Just heard he has not been awarded any points at all in his pip assessment. His money will stop on 9th Sept. Does anyone know if we can claim any other benefit until it gets sorted. He won't have enough to keep his flat without some extra money as he still has to top up his rent and pay his bills.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.