Hi, my name is Gary I am Support Worker I help my friend who suffers with Fibromyalgia. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Gary I am Support Worker I help my friend who suffers with Fibromyalgia.

Options
Support_worker
Support_worker Community member Posts: 8 Listener
My question is that my friend who is 71 years old has has been on DLA from age 60 can and I believe that she is being paid the wrong rate of the Mobility Component she gets the low rate of £22:65 per week and in my view due to her health condition which is not getting any better I think she should be on the higher rate can you help me. 

Comments

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi

Your friend is now too old, to have her DLA reviewed.

The cut off was her 65th birthday.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
  • Support_worker
    Options
    Yes I know that it is because of her only getting the low rate of Mobility component at £22:65 per week I had trouble this year with renewing her Blue badge with her being on the low rate
    I was told that she should be on the higher rate luckily I got her badge renewed. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Support_worker   Pleased to meet you welcome.

In reply to your post. I would speak to CAB about benefit advice and information.

Also one suggest is to contact AGE UK  for additional support . They might be interested in assisting and helping your friend.

I know both organisations have a wealth of expertise.

May I add we are a friendly supportive community. Ask the community anything. We are here to help, advise and support each other.

Ready to listen anytime.

Hope that helps if your friend also wishes to join. 

Take care 

@thespiceman  
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Support_worker
    Options
    The issue to my friends claim for DLA has been since her claim was made to the DWP her GP to which she was under at the time of her claim had informed the DWP that she is suffering from Mild Fibromyalgia and no mention of Severe Chronic Osteoarthritis this is all incorrect has she suffers with Severe Fibromyalgia and severe Osteoarthritis which was made in January 2006 for an indefinite period by the DWP to which we have written confirmation from the DWP how do we go about getting help on this issue. 

Brightness