Assessors reports for PIP claims - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessors reports for PIP claims

Comments

• GoForIt
    GoForIt Community member Posts: 44 Connected
    Yadnad said:
    Couldn’t possibly sign that. I do wish people would think these things through. DWP ran AA and DLA assessments from 1992. Reverting would be a marginal improvement at best. The real issues lie elsewhere in my personal view.
    As I have said on another thread that had this petition on - I see that the problems lie mainly with the claimant when completing the claim form and the type/quality of evidence being sent in.
    I don't want to stop pip, just want to change the  assessment process whereby assessors are lying and not completing the facts. I'm sure the claimant needs help with the application process and completing forms to meet the criteria, but these assessments companies are NOT always relaying a true picture of what is said at assessment and at times is pure lies.Thats why people should sign.di you not read the countless posts if frustrated , intelligent people who are telling this community that their assesments reports had blatant untruths.!
  • GoForIt
    Do you think all claimants are idiots! If these assessments are grossly misrepresented, how can people get a fair hearing. People that are unwell, have sick and disabled relative's  have paid their national insurance for years need these assors to give fair , unbiased reports .
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2018
    GoForIt said:
    Do you think all claimants are idiots! If these assessments are grossly misrepresented, how can people get a fair hearing. People that are unwell, have sick and disabled relative's  have paid their national insurance for years need these assors to give fair , unbiased reports .
    Those reports are nothing more than the opinion of one person.
    If they were reports that were factual then that is a different thing.
    Everybody can have an opinion, a statement of fact is something totally different. 
    I doubt very much that either the DWP or assessors would be prepared to stick their neck on the line to issue such a report.

If you asked a financial advisor for written advice on your financial circumstances would you prefer his opinion (what he thinks might happen or what could be the best for you) or would you want a factual report (setting out the likely consequences and advising what action you should be taking)?

You would be hard pushed to be able to get redress in the form of compensation for an opinion but you certainly could if it was a statement of fact.
  • GoForIt
    GoForIt said:
    Forward to others that are disgusted by this, your son is not the only one.. disgusting!! 
    How exactly would this solve it?
    Read it !
  • GoForIt
    Yadnad said:
    GoForIt said:
    Everybody can have an opinion, a statement of fact is something totally different. 
    I doubt very much that either the DWP or assessors would be prepared to stick their neck on the line to issue such a report.

If you asked a financial advisor for written advice on your financial circumstances would you prefer his opinion (what he thinks might happen or what could be the best for you) or would you want a factual report (setting out the likely consequences and advising what action you should be taking)?

You would be hard pushed to be able to get redress in the form of compensation for an opinion but you certainly could if it was a statement of fact.
    OmG.!!  I read , I see, I listen to many people !  Btw how does your comments address my post?? I don't live in your small bubble I'm pleased to say.Best wishes.
  • GoForIt
    GoForIt said:
    GoForIt said:
    Forward to others that are disgusted by this, your son is not the only one.. disgusting!! 
    How exactly would this solve it?
    Read it !
    Yup, your rudeness is winning us over one at a time!!! It is, once again, a petition which will fail miserably largely because it proposes the only outcome which is known already, through 26 years of evidence, to be worse than the current process. Aided and abetted by the rude belligerence of such as yourself it’s going nowhere fast and it’s absolutely correct that that should be the case. 
    And you say I'm rude , I have no words.lol
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 90 Listener
    my god ?are we all just here to be rude to each other.Why are two always putting others down?
     shocking 

• [Deleted User]
    Yadnad said:
    GoForIt said:

Yadnad said:
    GoForIt said:

most that have acessmants find that the person doing it has lied that cannot be disputed,To allow them to get away with it time after time just gives more stress to the person claiming

• [Deleted User]
    sweet said:
    my god ?are we all just here to be rude to each other.Why are two always putting others down?
     shocking 

I’m actively putting down the petition. The person who posted it is behaving in such a way as to put most people off by telling people to go back and read posts; accusing people of assuming claimants are idiots and so on. I’ve put together a coherent argument as to why the petition is a waste of time. I’ve yet to see a counter argument. They also don’t seem especially well informed given that they’ve brought national insurance into this when the benefit in question has no NI component. 

There should be anger at the assessment process and at the privatisation of elements but this petition, in common with many similar ones, offers a solution which is utterly bizarre.
    if you do not try you do not gain

• [Deleted User]
    Actually, if you don’t make any kind of sane case for it... then yeah, you don’t gain. A stupid argument is a stupid argument no matter which way you dress it up. 
    well? and you would have a good argument for it i suppose it is fact that there are far to many lies by those who write reports 

• LynneR
    LynneR Community member Posts: 17 Courageous
    I came to this site for help because I have reached a point where I don't know where to turn next. To find this level of belligerence and open aggression makes me despair.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited August 2018
    LynneR said:
    I came to this site for help because I have reached a point where I don't know where to turn next. To find this level of belligerence and open aggression makes me despair.

@LynneR I'm sorry you've come here and seen and subjected to this carry on, this is not normally like this here and everyone is very helpful as a rule.

I think because the sun has gone in everyone has got a little moody. :'(

Just ask in a thread what sort of help you require and some one nice will help you. God bless.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• [Deleted User]
    LynneR said:
    sad to hear this but it is only one or two who seem to do this ?if you would like to tell us how we may help please do
  • [Deleted User]
    sweet said:
    Yadnad said:
    GoForIt said:

Yadnad said:
    GoForIt said:

most that have acessmants find that the person doing it has lied that cannot be disputed,To allow them to get away with it time after time just gives more stress to the person claiming

It is incorrect to say “most”. The Work and Pensions committee took evidence on the point and had the largest number of responses in their existence. Even they said “For the majority of claimants the assessments work adequately”. Please don’t confuse posts on a forum with fact. 
    here youu are mike a link for you to read half of which is ignored by dwp ohhhh and i watch all commitee hearings and parlianent dailyhttps://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201719/cmselect/cmworpen/829/82910.htm#_idTextAnchor054
  • GoForIt
    sweet said:
    LynneR said:
    sad to hear this but it is only one or two who seem to do this ?if you would like to tell us how we may help please do
    Thanks sweet,  I'm sorry lynnr. Every time I post I have 2 very aggressive people,put me down at every turn.i am no longer going to post on this site.prehaps the 2 in question are ATOS assors lol. Good luck and best wishes to all who are going through this process. .
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @GoForIt

To avoid reading the posts of any people that you don't care to read, go to their profiles and select the 'ignore' option in the drop-down menu.  You will then no longer be able to read the posts of those people.  So, no need to avoid some threads, let alone leave the forum.
  • LynneR
    Thanks for thinking of me. I am worried because we had to go to a Tribunal last time to get my husband's PIP reinstated although he still lost the car. He has an assessment on July 30th and was 65 on August 8th. I have several health problems and am waiting for help as I have been diagnosed with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome as well as the other pre existing problems. We have the severe disability payments and that helps me buy pre prepared vegetables, and nutritious food. We can also have it delivered. If he loses his PIP again obviously those payments stop as well and I was wondering about an appeal, not expecting the MR to change the decision, now that he is 65, although he was 64 when this started. I would be grateful for any help. My brother in law is terminally ill in a hospice 300 miles away and I'm finding it difficult to stay focused.
  • Susan3696
    Susan3696 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Thanks for your feed back guys. I'm OK, put in for appeal,  have heard appeals are not interested in what your health problems are, but its about credibility and proving you are more credible than the assessors at DWP. You do still need to explain your illness and how it effects you,  but explain any discrepancies etc and also forward medical records etc, but don't do that until after you have sent for your appeal and received your bundle from appealing. I have done a lot of research in to the appeals and the tribunal process and any evidence you can get, doctors letters,  hospital admissions etc would be a great help in proving your case. Good luck x
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @LynneR

Sorry to hear of your difficulties.  Try to stay focused.  There is help available.

As the PIP claim was made pre-age 65, if he loses PIP and then wins an appeal your husband will keep his PIP and associated benefits.

Try to get some f2f advice from CAB, or similar, or welfare rights.  Age UK has a helpline.

Disability Rights UK site has a good guide to all stages of PIP including appeals.

• LynneR
    The big problem is evidence. Our GP surgery does not do letters. Whatever anyone says they just don't ever provide them. Second problem is that husband's Rheumatologist came out to our local hospital. He was either taken ill or seconded, and for two years despite asking, no care at all was given until February this year when a locum did a one off. Thats the state of his evidence
    Without the disability payments and just the basic pension it's going to be difficult.
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness