PIP Appeal query — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Appeal query

Tamsin
Tamsin Community member Posts: 17 Connected
Hi there, I am supporting my mum to appeal a recent decision not to award her PIP, she has had the Mandatory Reconsideration and I am awaiting the letter which states they have disallowed it ( they informed me the decision was unchanged over the phone today). Once I receive the letter I understand i have to complete a SSCS1 form In order to move forward to Tribunal.  My question is, do i need to include any additional evidence and all points of the basis of the appeal at this stage or at a later stage once i receive the submission pack from DWP?  i hope this makes sense.
For the mandatory reconsideration i followed advice and sent in documents which demonstrated which descriptors my mum should have scored on and gave detailed reasons why. I also sent in additional medical evidence.  Do i submit the same evidence with the SSCS1 form?

Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    All you need to do for now, is make sure you send the MR decision letter with the SSCS1 form, if you don't do this then the appeal will be refused.

DWP send everything to the Tribunal that has already been sent, including the original PIP form and a copy of the assessment report, and all evidence that was sent. You will receive a copy of everything that is sent this is called the bundle. You don't need to send any evidence that's already been sent. Any extra evidence should be sent to arrive no later than 10 days before the hearing. You'll have plenty of time for this because the wait will most likely be several months or more. Appearing in person will give your mum the best chance. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tamsin
    Thanks so much Poppy! That makes sense and takes the pressure off at this stage a little!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tamsin
    Thanks that's really helpful! 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.