Opinion on Universal Credit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Opinion on Universal Credit

tina_123
tina_123 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
I was moved to UC 3 weeks ago and am finding it an utter nightmare. No payment yet for a further 2 weeks, I have been sanctioned for missing a telephone appointment, as my phone is malfunctioning and having to prioritise to essential items only, I couldn't afford to have it repaired. Contacted my MP about this who requires a copy of the informing email or letter, I was informed in journal of sanction, asked yesterday for email or letter, which they're now refusing to send. I'm 59 years old and suffering from COPD and auto-immune disease, having no income for weeks, had to walk 3 miles to the Jobcentre yesterday or risk a further sanction. My opinion- its a national disgrace when sick people are treated in this manner in 21st century Britain. 

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.