Hi, my name is crystal088! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is crystal088!

crystal088
crystal088 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi there!
I'm joining the forum as I'm interested in knowing if any poor AS sufferers have tried non conventional treatment for this condition?
I am currently trialling green lipped mussel tablets in order to reduce inflammation in my neck, back and knees and managing my pain - but just started taking them yesterday!
I've also read about Celadrin balm to apply to the knees/hips - also available as tablets.
I'm 59 and really don't want to start immuno suppressants till I've looked at other avenues and the medics will not operate on my knees, not keyhole surgery for torn cartilage and they say I'm too young for knee replacement! Mobility is most painful, it's a problem and I want to return to driving and working soon :)
That's why I'm keen to know anyone else in this situation who is looking for an alternative solution...
Love to hear from you xx

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @crystal088

Good Morning & Welcome to our Community.

Yes I’m currently trying to find other ways in treating my ongoing problems.

I  have been on many meds with no help at all.

So my mind is open to any further help.

Please please let me know if I can help you further???

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @crystal088 and a warm welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear that you are in so much pain. You may find the physical/ mobility and chronic pain boards particularly helpful to get advice. I hope you have a lovely day :)
    Scope

• crystal088
    crystal088 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi Steve51
    Thanks for your post. Well, as I mentioned I am trying the Celadrin balm (Amazon) for knee pain and it is effective?
    Also I seem to have some pain relief and improved mobility from the green lipped mussel tabs (Holland & Barrett) - but still early days!
    I can’t advise any further but would love to hear anyone else’s comments regarding alternative meds....
    Take care ?

Brightness