Hi, my name is andreaowen75! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is andreaowen75!

Options
andreaowen75
andreaowen75 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm 42 and struggle every day with pain I live in supported housing and i dont get any support with cleaning

Comments

• Charli
    Charli Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
    Options
    I’m sorry to hear you struggle with pain everyday my mam does too, have you applied for pip? If you already have it you might also be able to get money to help towards care you require I think it’s £68 approximately a week, I’m my husbands career but I don’t get carers as we’re still waiting for the pip decision 
  • Janefairy
    Janefairy Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hello sorry to hear about your pain my council will not move me so im bedridden as cant use the stairs so its sent me insane lookin at 4 walls everday and missing the summer 
  • Charli
    Charli Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
    Options
    Omg please tell me the only reason you haven’t been moved is that there is no suitable accommodation if that’s not the case I’m truly shocked that your left bedridden as you can’t use the stairs
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @andreaowen75 and a warm welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear the amount of pain that you're in. Have you contacted your social worker about this? Also, we have a board about chronic pain that you may find useful :)
    Scope

Brightness