Pip home visit refused — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip home visit refused

Options
Bella01
Bella01 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi can anyone help please,
My granddaughter has severe anxiety so applied for PIP for her on 10th March and letters took 16 weeks to come and sent straight back the same day.
I had meeting at home along with my granddaughter about 3 months ago to become her appointee in which i now am.
We finally heard from pip on 24th July to say she had an appointment on 6th of August i tried to explain that there is no way she would go due to her anxiety and that we would have to cancel and was there any chance she could have a home visit.
I received a letter about a week ago saying that they could not do a home visit and they will contact us with a new appointment.
Is there anything i can do about this as there is no way she will go to the Consultation Centre, Doctor has also said that my appointment should be at home and they have still not accommodated it.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Did your grand daughters GP state in the letter the reasons why a home assessment is needed? It will need to state why she can't attend one of their assessment centres.  Did you send in evidence to support her claim? You do have to be careful now because you've already canceled one assessment and won't be able to cancel another.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • SugarCoated
    SugarCoated Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
    Options
    Hi I can't travel very far because of anxiety and panic attacks. I emailed my mp and explained my situation and they rang on my behalf asking for a home visit and atos agreed. I got a new appointment really quick.
  • Bella01
    Options
    Thank you will five that a try as her panic attacks are very bad to.
  • Bella01
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.