Court failed to send report? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Court failed to send report?

juliemilo
juliemilo Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi new to the group just wondered if anyone else had encountered this problem i won my tribunal on the 25th July I rang today to check witb pip how my claim was going and they have said the courts failed to send the report so they aren't aware of my outcome ! Checked with the court and they emailed the outcome and sor the same day now pip are saying I will have to wait another 28 days for them to look at it as ive posted copies of mine and a further 28 days if they agree for any payments 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @juliemilo   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing. Understand there will be some one from our community or team be able to answer your question.

Wanted to add hope we can be supportive. Friendly and be able to help you.

We as a community care and share.. 

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    juliemilo said:
    Hi new to the group just wondered if anyone else had encountered this problem i won my tribunal on the 25th July I rang today to check witb pip how my claim was going and they have said the courts failed to send the report so they aren't aware of my outcome ! Checked with the court and they emailed the outcome and sor the same day now pip are saying I will have to wait another 28 days for them to look at it as ive posted copies of mine and a further 28 days if they agree for any payments 
    I would be looking at 6 to 8 weeks from when they get the report
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

juliemilo
    juliemilo,

As Mike advises I think that first of all it's worth checking that the DWP have the result (either via a presenting officer, or through HMCTS sending it off). However, it sounds from what you're saying that PIP do have it, & not only that but they got the decision & the statement of reasons on the same day.

The DWP have a month after they get the written reasons (SOR) to decide to appeal further (if they are going to, the request for permission to appeal has to go to the tribunal within that month).

So this could be the 28 days that PIP are talking about? Unfortunately they are using these time limits more & more to delay payments. But hopefully, they will decide not to appeal once they've had a look at the SOR, & then they'll pay you (ie they'll take the month, then pay you within a couple of weeks of that). And it is still relatively unusual for them to appeal further.

Hope this helps.

Will

The Benefits Training Co:

• juliemilo
    juliemilo Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.