Introduction and a question — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Introduction and a question

wendymumby1
wendymumby1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, my name is Wendy, I have a husband and a 'disabled' son. He has epilepsy that cannot be controlled by drugs and a blood disorder that he has to take blood thinning meds for. The meds make him very cold all the time and I just wondered if we or him would be entitled to any sort of heating allowance to help him to have the heating on all the time. He does of course live at home with us. Hi is 38 years old. Thankyou.

Comments

• dody
    dody Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Hi Wendy, welcome. I can't advise you with your question, but I'm sure there will be someone who will come forward and at least point you in a direction where you may be able to find some answers. Have you tried ringing the Citizens Advice Bureau? They can sometimes help you with these sort of benefit questions. Have a good day xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's the warm home discount but this is only available to those on certain benefits or if you have low income. Not all energy companies are part of the scheme and it's £140 per year. The energy accounts would also need to be in your son's name if he lives with you. https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dignifieddoll
    dignifieddoll Community member Posts: 52 Connected
    Its also available to pensioners as i signed my mother upto it about 4yrs ago .very easy to apply 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.