If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

I went for pip assessment and was made to feel small

PalacemadPalacemad Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi can any one help me I went for pip assessment and was made to feel small I suffer with copd and anxiety and panic attacks and depression how long does it take for decision and what sort of points will I get


  • Ami2301Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Palacemad
    Welcome to the community! Sorry to hear how you were made to feel. The waiting time can vary unfortunately, I don't know what points you will get, sorry. Any further problems, please let us know and we will do anything we can to help! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,729 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Palacemad I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience in your PIP assessment, lots of people tell us that it is such a stressful thing to go through.

    It depends on your area and how busy they are for how long it takes to get a decision, but members tell us that it is usually between 4 and 6 weeks.

    It is impossible for us to guess how many points you will score, remember that PIP is not about an impairment but about how it affects you in day to day life.  There is a PIP self test here that you could do to see what you could potentially score but you may have to just wait and see.

    If you want to complain about your PIP assessment, Turn2Us have some advice on how to do that:

    Complain about a PIP decision

    You can complain about poor service or delays.

    You may want to complain if:

    • The people dealing with your claim were rude or unhelpful
    • You should have had an assessment at home
    • It is taking too long to get a decision
    • It is taking too long to get a payment
    • There is something wrong in the medical report

    If you complain, you may be able to get:

    • An apology
    • An explanation for what went wrong
    • Things done differently in future
    • A decision made more quickly
    • Some compensation

    Start your complaint 

    Start your complaint by contacting the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). 

    The best way to start a complaint is to write to the DWP. You can use the address at the top of any letter you have about your Personal Independence Payment.

    You can also start a complaint by phoning the DWP. Remember to keep a record of when you call, who you speak to and the reference number for your complaint.

    • Telephone: 0345 850 3322
    • Textphone: 0345 601 6677 

    You will need to tell the DWP (in your letter or phone call):

    • Your National Insurance number
    • Your full name, address and contact numbers
    • What happened, when it happened and how it affected you
    • What you want to happen to put things right
    Senior online community officer
Sign in or join us to comment.