I went for pip assessment and was made to feel small — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I went for pip assessment and was made to feel small

Options
Palacemad
Palacemad Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi can any one help me I went for pip assessment and was made to feel small I suffer with copd and anxiety and panic attacks and depression how long does it take for decision and what sort of points will I get

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Palacemad
    Welcome to the community! Sorry to hear how you were made to feel. The waiting time can vary unfortunately, I don't know what points you will get, sorry. Any further problems, please let us know and we will do anything we can to help! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Palacemad I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience in your PIP assessment, lots of people tell us that it is such a stressful thing to go through.

It depends on your area and how busy they are for how long it takes to get a decision, but members tell us that it is usually between 4 and 6 weeks.

It is impossible for us to guess how many points you will score, remember that PIP is not about an impairment but about how it affects you in day to day life.  There is a PIP self test here that you could do to see what you could potentially score but you may have to just wait and see.

If you want to complain about your PIP assessment, Turn2Us have some advice on how to do that:

Complain about a PIP decision

You can complain about poor service or delays.

You may want to complain if:

• The people dealing with your claim were rude or unhelpful
    • You should have had an assessment at home
    • It is taking too long to get a decision
    • It is taking too long to get a payment
    • There is something wrong in the medical report

If you complain, you may be able to get:

• An apology
    • An explanation for what went wrong
    • Things done differently in future
    • A decision made more quickly
    • Some compensation

Start your complaint 

Start your complaint by contacting the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). 

The best way to start a complaint is to write to the DWP. You can use the address at the top of any letter you have about your Personal Independence Payment.

You can also start a complaint by phoning the DWP. Remember to keep a record of when you call, who you speak to and the reference number for your complaint.

• Telephone: 0345 850 3322
    • Textphone: 0345 601 6677 

You will need to tell the DWP (in your letter or phone call):

• Your National Insurance number
    • Your full name, address and contact numbers
    • What happened, when it happened and how it affected you
    • What you want to happen to put things right
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.