Hi, my name is Iggie! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Iggie!

Iggie
Iggie Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Thank you for accepting me to the community

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Iggie
    Welcome to the community! Would you mind telling us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Iggie
    Iggie Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi yes a little bit about me. I have Addison's Disease and I believe it is quite rare, although in the UK more and more people are being diagnosed, but in America is is well researched and there is so much more info about it in the medical profession. I also suffer with Bile Mal-absorption which is crippling most days, I have fibromyalgia and anxiety/OCD issues. I suffer with chronic back ache everyday. I feel so uncomfortable seeing the GP Surgery because of all my health related issues. I have been referred to pain clinics, but because of my mental health issues I cannot attend group sessions. Most days I do feel quite alone. I used to have a Mind Lady that popped into visit, but she no longer works there. I have my family (Husband, Daughter and grand child (2 years old) to help and keep me sane, so life is great in that respect, BUT the pain and medication side is frustrating. The poor NHS is also in trouble and that unfortunately effects patients. I don't eat much and used to be a tiny skinny my whole life until steroids. Now i suffer with my weight. And I live on a very bland diet. I cannot eat any fast food, or junk food so my diet is very healthy. Other than this, I just need someone who understands and does not judge. A little help will definitely go a very long way.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Iggie
    Sorry to hear yoo have a lot of battles to deal with on a daily basis. It is great that you have a supportive family around you! You might like to check out the list of discussion boards as many topics would benefit you such as Dealing with Chronic Pain, Disabled People, Mental Health issues, Rare Conditions and a few others. We are a supportive community and we do not judge, we all are in the same boat one way or another and we are here for each other. Feel free to join in on discussions or start your own discussion and I'm sure members of the community will reply :) Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Iggie and a very warm welcome to the community! Thank you for taking the time to share this with us all! I am sure many community members will be able to relate to what you are going through and I hope you find the community supportive. If you need anything at all then please do not hesitate to be in touch!
    Scope

• welshbirdne
    welshbirdne Community member Posts: 24 Listener
    Hello you!!!  And welcome, darling
  • welshbirdne
    welshbirdne Community member Posts: 24 Listener
    I too am a newbie 

Brightness