Hi, my name is dolcie62! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is dolcie62!

dolcie62
dolcie62 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi I’m new hi I’m new to this site

Comments

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dolcie62
    Welcome to the community! Would you mind telling us a bit about yourself?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dolcie62, and a warm welcome to the community!
  • dolcie62
    Hi I’ve been on esa for a while but recently claimed pip in last couple of days well I mean I had my face to face interview i was told it takes around 4 weeks before you hear anything it is the first time I have put in a claim for pip I don’t really have a clue about it what payments I could be entitled to or how much was searching online and came across scope so here I am thank you everyone for welcoming me 
  • dolcie62
    Another query I have I have been reading some of the other people’s wuestions and read that it can take a lot longer than 4 weeks one lady had been waiting 12 weeks before she hears about her pip claim what do the accessors actually do after you have had a face to face interview do they have to contact your go and hospital doctors for more information or do they go on the evidence they give you it just seems a long time to have to wait thank you 
  • dolcie62
    GP and hospital doctors that should of said  comment
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @dolcie62 Pleased to meet you. In reply to your question.

Understand the need for answers. Speak to CAB . They offer a lot of help with forms filling in. Be supportive answer anything you need to know or ask. Have a lot of benefit knowledge or expertise.

Have a look at CAB website as well very useful.

Have a look at our benefit advice and information .  Hope that gives you lots of support and answers to your questions.

Benefits are complex and confusing you have come to the right place to get the correct support and I hope we can help and advise.

As for Medical Reports and Doctors. You put the information and details of your Doctors, Medical team. On the PIP form or ESA form.

Unfortunately they do not the assessor have your medical records to hand as the DWP do not supply medical records to the assessors.

They ask you to supply that at the assessment.. As many members tell you if you care to look at the comments on various posts.

Understand if there is a need to speak to your medical professionals first. All depends on the disability or illness.

Hope that helps.

When you get any forms comes with a booklet states what you need to put in. Why I would suggest speak to CAB .  

I would add to that have a support worker or health worker they are very useful to assist as well.

Pleasure to help you. Please ask if we can help further.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dolcie62
    I got my PIP decision within 2 weeks, I honestly don't know why each claim takes a different amount of time for a decision to be made. I wish I knew so I could reassure you.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • dolcie62
    Hi thank you both for yr advice I do have a support worker from christies from when I had breast cancer she helped to fill my form in after I had finished my radiotherapy but I have other illnesses copd and colinitis plus other things but I did show the assessor my diagnosis of colin iris but she didn’t seem that bothered about the breast cancer letter or other medical letters I had ready to show her she just asked how they affect me and also asked about my depression and looked at all the tablets and other prescribed drugs I am on she was here for 45 minutes it’s just worrying as I’ve heard so many story’s about these assessors and how they don’t tell the truth or mislead the sedition makers thanks for listening 
  • dolcie62
    Decision makers that should of said 
    thanks again 

Brightness