Hi, my name is Zalensia! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Zalensia!

Zalensia
Zalensia Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi all, I suffer from a multitude of syndromes and disabilities just to name a few EDS, HMS, arthritis, fibromyalgia, muscle spasms and spacticity, I have had heart attacks, oh the other year I got pneumonia which led to an empyema in my plural cavity on my left lung and somehow while putting a drain on they managed to rupture my spleen and kill me, good job they brought me back lol. 

I am now waiting for cancer results and more tests and operations for lots of other problems that I have. 

Yes, as you can guess I also suffer depression but in my eyes with all my problems I'm entitled to self pity too.

I am 48 years old with 4 adult children and 2 grandkids on the way which will bring so much joy into my life, I can't wait!

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Zalensia welcome to the community!

I understand this has been very traumatic for you! It's good to see that you are focusing on the positives, when are your grandchildren due?

If there is anything at all that we can help you with then please do not hesitate to let us know! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Zalensia
    It sounds like you have so much going on, but becoming a grandparent must be a really exciting time! When are they due?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome warrior
  • Zalensia
    Thank you for the welcome. My grandchildren are due on 7th December and the other I find out on 12th November when they have their 3 month scan but she thinks may. 

I am very excited and I can still crochet so make lovely items for them, I used to knit but nearly took my eye out with a spasm LMAO so banned from knitting ?

Having something to look forward to helps with the depression.  xxx
  • Ami2301
    It definitely does help! :)
  • Sam_Alumni
    Aww congratulations! :)
    Scope
  • cupcakemandy
    cupcakemandy Community member Posts: 18 Listener
  • Zalensia
    Thank you everyone. I'm on holiday inn Ibiza right now but when I get home I will have a good look around and get to know the place. 

I warn you now lol I can talk the hind legs off a donkey online, face to face I doubt say a word lol x
  • Ami2301
    Have a lovely time in Ibiza!

Don't worry, we can all talk for England sometimes lol
  • Sam_Alumni
    Have a lovely holiday @Zalensia :)
    Scope
  • Zalensia
    I'm stuck in bed again today but I'll try and get down to the sun lounger later, if not today then defo tomorrow. 

I hate being sick on holiday, I just want back in my cosy adjustable bed! Nothing worse than being sick on a foreign country. 

I was on the sun bed the other day and a little girl came and asked what happened to my belly, I have a massive scar running down it. I told her it was my zipper and told her to go ask her mum why she doesn't have one lmao kids are cute without fear adults treat you differently inn the street x

Brightness