Can I Get ESA
I used to get ESA but it was stopped over a year ago after I had a medical even though I am registered disabled have a mobility car and unable to walk unaided. I could only drive short distances and found public transport very difficult to use. I am in pain daily and take prescribed pain relief each day. My question is in February this year I had a brain aneurysm and a bleed on the brain. I have had to surrender my driving licence although I am one of the lucky ones because I survived and will I hope make a good recovery at present I am unable to walk unless I use a walker I have brought a mobility scooter to use outside I get tired and am now under the hospital in London. I would find it very hard to attend a medical at the present time as I am not allowed to drive and a taxi cost me £90.00 the last time I went for a medical money which I no longer have.
- 49.4K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4.1K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 136 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 660 Work and employment
- 527 Education
- 970 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 927 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 249 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 588 Chronic pain and pain management
- 650 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 704 Autism and neurodiversity
- 848 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.