Hi, my name is LindaB55! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is LindaB55!

LindaB55
LindaB55 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello Community I hope this is the sort of thing you need to know so I have put just about every thing.

I have multiple Disabilities Firstly Spondylolithesis (3 Vertebra Damaged) Had Spinal Decompression and Fussion in 1994 which failed in 2001 been on crutches ever since.  Then in 2015 Giant Cell Arteries  (The temple Artery around head has sections which swell and bits that shrink which it is not supposed to do, this can cause Brain damage, Blindness and other nice things.  This was then followed with Relapsing Polychondritis which is a Cartilage eating disorder and is not curable and can be fatal This is a very rare disease and only effects 1 in 3 million people.  So that pretty much sums up my medical stuff, apart from I have had my tonsils out twice yep total freak.
I am currently going through a divorce and also recently lost my Mom to cancer.  I am moving house and have 2 kittens who think they are 21 years old in stead of 15 months.  I do not get much sleep util I change my morphine patches over in which case I sleep from Sunday Night Until Monday Night and then do not sleep properly for the rest of the week. I am currently on a new drug called Tocilizmab for the Relapsing Polychondritis and self inject every week so far I am on week 3 and doing ok.  Thankfully I am about to laugh about most things and enjoy all types of crafts and hobbies.  

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @LindaB55, and a warm welcome to the community! Great to have you here.

Thanks for sharing this with us, and I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you've had a lot to deal with lately: I hope you find comfort in being part of the community and among others who understand. 

What are your kittens called? :)
  • LindaB55
    My kittens are brothers and one is a Black and White long fur Tuxedo Cat and looks as if he is warring a Tuxedo including a Cumberbund His name is Sidney Fluff and his brother is black with black strips in his short fur and his is Sancho Buggerlugs and he is a total buggerlugs into everything and during the night the likes to jump on the top of the built in wardrobes from the top of the bedroom door and play chasing tail followed by batting the light pull cord.  Their vet asked me to pick up the boys early from the neutering as Sidney Fluff constantly called his brother and was so noisy that they were all getting a headache. Ha should try living with them!  I had them after my 22 year old passed away in my arms and he was a short fur black cat called Meow.
    Thank you for welcoming me.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @LindaB55 welcome to the community!

I am sorry for both of your losses. Pets are amazing! Sounds like double trouble with your kittens but I love their names! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • LindaB55
    My boys are very active and quite often don't get called their names but lots of other words.  They still take no notice

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hehe! Bless them, can't stay mad at them for long though
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness