Hi, my name is Jo_C! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Jo_C!

Options
Jo_C
Jo_C Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I'm Jo, 40 Yr old female, I've been registered disabled for the last 14/15 yrs but lost my leg earlier this year, so am now trying to pull the threads of my life together while getting use to being in a wheelchair all the time apart from when I'm at physio! It's been hard, still is, been struggling with mental health issues too.... Bit of a pathetic state right now. 

Comments

• ClaiireLouiise
    ClaiireLouiise Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Options
    Hi @Jo_C

Welcome to the community. 

Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself, so sorry to hear of your struggles. 

You've come to the right place though, It's nice to meet you :) 
    ?Look for something positive each day, even if some days you have to look a little harder ?
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Jo_C welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear what you have been through and how you are feeling. How are you getting on with physio?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • sallym
    sallym Scope Member Posts: 6 Connected
    Options
    I have only just joined but already I can see that so many people are struggling just to keep going, well, I hope this virtual community can help you in some way. My dad, we think..had polio when he was 4 years old, that was 1920. He spent the next five years in hospital and he couldn’t walk. He was an amazing man who even aged 9 decided he was going to get rid of his crutches and he did. You only learn things about your parents if you ask, don’t you and I just wished I had asked more but he gave us insight into disability and to value what you have still got I suppose, so I can see already, I am lucky.
  • topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Jo_C and welcome, i am sorry to hear what you are going through , can not be easy for you at all, think you have done great , we are all here for you 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Jo_C, and a warm welcome to the community!

So sorry to hear that things are tough at the moment. At the very least, I hope it helps being among others who can understand and relate. Do get involved with the community, and just let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Brightness