Should there be a DWP representative at a tribunal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Should there be a DWP representative at a tribunal?

Options
WirralWoman
WirralWoman Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
What a useful site! My son, who is 35, is autistic, has hearing and visual impairments, is dispraxic and had a stroke 3 years ago . We have just had a judgement in his favour from a Tribunal - 10 months after the initial assessment.
On the Tribunal panel, which is, obviously independent of the DWP, there was a judge, a doctor and a worker in the disability field. There were no members of the DWP in attendance. I am surprised that other commenters have said there was a DWP representative at their Tribunal. Can anyone clarify this, please? 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hello @WirralWoman   Pleased to meet you  welcome. 

Thank you for sharing and joining.  Good to hear you were successful in your sons  tribunal.

Thank you for your question. I am unsure of any answer to your question.

There are members of our community or members of our team. Who can advise.  Hopefully be in touch.

We are a supportive, friendly community.  Please ask if we can advise on anything.

Have a look at our information on Talk about Specific conditions may be of use to you.

Hope that helps.

Take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Greats news! Sometimes there is and sometimes there isn't a representative from DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It depends on many factors, the claim itself or whether there is a DWP rep local.

• WirralWoman
    WirralWoman Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for the responses, folks! 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.