If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Should there be a DWP representative at a tribunal?

WirralWomanWirralWoman Member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
What a useful site! My son, who is 35, is autistic, has hearing and visual impairments, is dispraxic and had a stroke 3 years ago . We have just had a judgement in his favour from a Tribunal - 10 months after the initial assessment.
On the Tribunal panel, which is, obviously independent of the DWP, there was a judge, a doctor and a worker in the disability field. There were no members of the DWP in attendance. I am surprised that other commenters have said there was a DWP representative at their Tribunal. Can anyone clarify this, please? 


  • thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Hello @WirralWoman   Pleased to meet you  welcome. 

    Thank you for sharing and joining.  Good to hear you were successful in your sons  tribunal.

    Thank you for your question. I am unsure of any answer to your question.

    There are members of our community or members of our team. Who can advise.  Hopefully be in touch.

    We are a supportive, friendly community.  Please ask if we can advise on anything.

    Have a look at our information on Talk about Specific conditions may be of use to you.

    Hope that helps.

    Take care


    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Greats news! Sometimes there is and sometimes there isn't a representative from DWP.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • YadnadYadnad Member - under moderation Posts: 2,862 Disability Gamechanger
    It depends on many factors, the claim itself or whether there is a DWP rep local.

  • WirralWomanWirralWoman Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thanks for the responses, folks! 
Sign in or join us to comment.