Hi I lost my job in September due to provider failure(i work in a home) (care) i am on pip, not a problem. I have been forced to get a job again. I have been told by dwp that i can not get disability component of universal credit as that does not happen anymore So whete does work PAY.. I use to get this on working tax credit. And have not had a payment from universal credit yet have been told dec th7 . That will be 8 weeks with no money only pip. I was offered a food bank. After working 47 years and nener without a job this is justice I think not. When i asked to go on supported universal credit i was told it told it takes time and i would have to go to see a doctor and be assessed have been assessed for pip. Where do i go from here.
- 49.3K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 658 Work and employment
- 526 Education
- 968 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 925 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 249 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 586 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 703 Autism and neurodiversity
- 845 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.