Hi I lost my job in September due to provider failure(i work in a home) (care) i am on pip, not a problem. I have been forced to get a job again. I have been told by dwp that i can not get disability component of universal credit as that does not happen anymore So whete does work PAY.. I use to get this on working tax credit. And have not had a payment from universal credit yet have been told dec th7 . That will be 8 weeks with no money only pip. I was offered a food bank. After working 47 years and nener without a job this is justice I think not. When i asked to go on supported universal credit i was told it told it takes time and i would have to go to see a doctor and be assessed have been assessed for pip. Where do i go from here.
- 50.4K All Categories
- 10K Start here and say hello!
- 4.3K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 137 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 685 Work and employment
- 540 Education
- 1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 959 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 258 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.9K Talk about money
- 1.9K Benefits and financial support
- 4.3K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.7K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.8K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 615 Chronic pain and pain management
- 670 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 727 Autism and neurodiversity
- 875 Mental health and wellbeing
- 291 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.