PIP - Northern Ireland - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP - Northern Ireland

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    See link for current PIP amounts. https://www.gov.uk/pip/what-youll-get

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • winky1234
    winky1234 Community member Posts: 27 Listener
    Yes seen all that thanks tell me this am on e.s.a dos that increase or dos it stay the same ? Also am i entiled to any other benefits ect carer allowence or that?
  • poppy123456
    You can't claim carers allowance for yourself, someone else can claim it if they look after you for at least 35 hours per week and they don't earn more than £120 per week after deductions.

Which ESA do you claim, Income Related or Contributions based and do you live with a partner or alone?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • winky1234
    Live way my partner .
  • poppy123456
    Your partner could claim carers allowance for looking after you but it will depend on circumstances of your partner. https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/money-legal/benefits-entitlements/carers-allowance/

• winky1234
    She applyed  yrsterday so will wait and see thanks
  • winky1234
    Hi my patner as applyed for carerings allowance for me how far can then back date up to?
  • poppy123456
    winky1234 said:
    Hi my patner as applyed for carerings allowance for me how far can then back date up to?
    It can be backdated to the start of the PIP award if claiming within 3 months of the date of the decision of the PIP, providing he meets all the eligibility criteria stated in this link. https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/financial-support/help-with-benefits/carers-allowance

• winky1234
    Ok thanks for your help your a star
  • winky1234
    Hi much can my partner get on carer alollwance they told us ther giving us it but have to run by e.s.a and will i loss any of my e.s.a i want to know ? Thanks
  • poppy123456
    winky1234 said:
    Hi much can my partner get on carer alollwance they told us ther giving us it but have to run by e.s.a and will i loss any of my e.s.a i want to know ? Thanks
    Carers Allowance is £64.30 per week. This amount will be deducted from your ESA and ESA will add a carers premium of £36 per week. Carers allowance will then pay your partner £64.30 per week. This is because of the overlapping benefit rule but it works out that you'll both be £36 per week better off.

The carers premium can be back dated to the start of the PIP award providing your partner claims carers allowance within 3 months of the PIP decision.
  • winky1234
    But is tber 3 types of esa  my partner dont work i didtn think i would loss anything woman on phone didtn say to my other half? Am on esa income support  related 
  • poppy123456
    No, there's not 3 types of ESA there's 2. Contributions based and Income Related. As you live with your partner who doesn't work then you must be claiming ESA as a couple in which case it would be Income Related.

There's 2 groups WRAG and Support Group but no such thing as Income support related. It would be Income related in the Support Group that you're claiming.

As i stated in my previous comment the carers allowance is deducted from your ESA and a premium is added. In total it will mean you'll both be £36 per week better off but you'll receive less ESA because your partner will be paid the carers allowance separately.

• winky1234
    Ok thanks so will it 64.30 week she be back dated or 34 aweek?
  • poppy123456
    £36 per week will be backdated to the start of the PIP award providing your partner claimed the carers allowance within 3 months of the decision being made on the PIP.
  • winky1234
    My partner was told By caraer alwollance money will be back dated but esa said it wont she got letter ther wonder why 
  • poppy123456
    winky1234 said:
    My partner was told By caraer alwollance money will be back dated but esa said it wont she got letter ther wonder why 
    All of the advice i gave you above is correct, please read back through all of my comments. Claiming carers allowance is complicated and lots of people get completed confused by the fact it gets deducted from one benefit and a carers premium is added. The carers allowance won't be backdated but the carers premium will be.
  • winky1234
    Ok am so sorry has total confussed me totaly brain r3cked
  • poppy123456
    Basically, what ever ESA amount you received before your partner claimed Carers allowance minus that by £28.30 per week and that's how much ESA you will receive. Carers allowance will then pay your partner £64.30 per week or what ever they asked for when applying, weekly, 4 weekly or every 13 weeks.

Then you'll receive backdated money of £36 per week, payable from what ever date was stated on the form when your partner applied. It can be backdated to the start of your PIP award if the carers allowance was claimed within 3 months of the PIP decision being made.
  • winky1234
    So wot will i loss in esa and how much a week carer allowance week will she get sorry about this hard of under standing all this

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.