Dealing with doctors - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dealing with doctors

13»

Comments

• gts
    gts Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    I`m sorry if i offended you ? however the children`s safety is paramount.
  • Laura99
    Laura99 Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
    gts said:
    I`m sorry if i offended you ? however the children`s safety is paramount.

It was me who you offended.

• gts
    ok however the adults have a choice & the children d`ont
  • Laura99
    gts said:
    ok however the adults have a choice & the children d`ont

No, the adults don't have a choice, gts. Alcoholism and drug addiction are not lifestyle choices. They are mental health conditions which are viewed as such by the medical profession. Children who are abused frequently end up with these illnesses. You are simply not understanding what is being said to you by many people on this site.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Laura99 I know reading this post was about Dealing with Doctors.  I apologise for this. The originator of the post.

Got into about alcoholism. I do and feel strongly about what has been said.

One final point having been in a rehab unit as an out patient it is not ever my consideration to have to say.

This is the truth children can be effected and can be alcoholics.

Youngest I have seen is and met and talked to his Mother in the clinic is ten years old.

First time met and still painful to write about. Asked me as I came in one morning, I recall it now. As she hollered you an alcoholic.

Immediately belted her son across the back of his head in front of me and a whole waiting room.  To every ones horror and disbelief.

All I have is these memories of hurt and harm alcoholism has done to me and those in my community.

Who can identify every thing that has been said. All I need to add we as a community need to understand what is happening in our society.

Understand one of my  stories if I can say this it is alarming.

One organisation that shall remain nameless and have used them. Are clueless in my opinion in dealing with the problem.

Left after two so called meetings and felt very much under whelmed plus asking the wrong questions. In my judgement got and had to leave.

Having me to ask them for support and advice instead felt more liking to relapse due to their negativity.

All I can say there needs to be full education in schools and what should be done in dealing with addiction.

I asked one time to go into schools to talk about history of addiction. Having considered and thought of asking Lottery funding .

So much for thinking and doing. Planning forget it.

It is an epidemic now and have a friend who lost his job in the rehab centre where he works because of cuts.

All I can add is I am alive and manage to cope but have and do have mental issues because of it.  Plus physical the end result of addiction as well. Never forget that every day in pain.

Many community members struggling with addiction.

Support any brother or sister who has been through it and hope they can be inspired to stay off and I can inspire them to help them to stay off.

As I have done for eleven years on going. We all need to follow some one. 

Always here to listen, offer guidance and be supportive.

Pleasure to meet you.

Take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • gts
    Ive got asbestosis & still manage smiling every day i`m coming off this site theres too many people feeling sorry for themselves & i go out frequently helping the homeless & hungry good luck to you all this is my last post 
  • topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    edited November 2018
    @gts please dont come off everyone can see whats what on this page , it stands out a mile  big time  
  • cmci
    cmci Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    Please don't leave - I nearly did but in the end used the delete button, read and offer what I when I feel able too.  
  • Laura99
    gts said:
    Ive got asbestosis & still manage smiling every day i`m coming off this site theres too many people feeling sorry for themselves & i go out frequently helping the homeless & hungry good luck to you all this is my last post 
    If that was directed at me, then all I can say is please stay here. Your experience is as valuable as mine.

Brightness