Hi, my name is DMH! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is DMH!

DMH
DMH Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hello everyone .Everyone in my house struggles although these struggles are only recognised for one of us. 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @DMH welcome to the community! Sorry to hear this, if there is anything that we can do to help then please let us know! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @DMH - how can we help?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • DMH
    My son has an Asperger's diagnosis and is finally getting the help he needs. Both my daughter and myself are diagnosed but are not getting the help we need. My husband is diagnosed with clinical depression and anxiety disorder and is not getting the help he need either. Not sure what to do or where to go next. This has been going on for years and since I haven't been able to work because I am constantly picking everybody up, our financial situation has now become very dire.  I mean go to the food bank because there is no money left whatsoever after paying the bills.  Snd the last 3 months, we haven't even bern able to pay all the bills. If anybody has any advise I am happy to listen. 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear what you all have been going through, are you in receipt of any benefits?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @DMH

Good Afternoon it’s great to meet you today.

I’m very very sorry to hear about your current problems !!!!!!!

Do you get any financial help?????

Have you been to see
    you GP for any help/advice?????

Sorry for all of the questions!!!!!!!

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @DMH   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing. So sorry to hear about every thing your family has experienced .

We can hopefully can give any guidance . You have come to the right place and we hope as a community. Offer advice if we can.

Have you spoken to The National Autistic Society for any additional support for your son. 

Have helpline 020 7833 2299.

Email nas@.org.uk.

Please can I also add I have mental health problems still do.  With an addiction history.  Been clean but need that reassurance from some one who was different, listened to and well have some time not on a on a conveyor belt. 

So having been knocked back and been through several charities the main ones .  Felt that the charities were not listening to me.

Also found it was a short period of time and be being a gent. Having to admit have a problem here.

Went on line and found this charity called. Richmond Fellowship.  Website https// wwwrichmondfellowship.org.uk.

Enrolled on their recovery programme. Very good, helpful and lots of useful guidance to consider.

A lot different to the main ones. After all you want help and support and need that guidance to deal with the illness. Using coping methods and strategies.

Have knowledge to use and ways to deal with everything.

Also very different in the way that most mental health charities are run.  Clientele have a say in the running of the charities programmes.  Plus they consider the clientele the input they give. Most important of all.

Please have a look. At their website.  The charity also has lots of smaller groups all connected with the main charity.

Hope that helps.

Please ask anything . How we can help you.?

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • DMH
    Thank you for the information spice man and thank you for the courage to talk about mental health. i really appreciate the effort and will check things out.  Benefits are a weird thing.  We are moving house and we are changing counties. So we are now going onto Universal credit and will have to wait 5 weeks before we get paid.  I don't even know what to do with this.  I just had my DBS check come back and want to start working again in January as to get out of the benefits but I don't have enough money to pay for my registration, so can't work. It's really frustrating.  Thanks  for bearing with me.
  • DMH
    Hi Steve,

Thanks for reaching out.  The GP doesn't really know what to do with me. My condition is really complicated. Affecting 3 organs and joints and muscles + my eye sight.  Everything is so fragmented so there is no overview and I'm not really getting the help I need. I'm a stage one non-alcoholic fatty liver patient and the tests are only being done every 3 years so I don't know where I'm at.  I feel sick allot and there isn't any advise being offered because the GP doesn't know what to advise me. I will only be able to see a consultant when I progress to stage 2. Stage 3 is transplant.  I can't understand I am not being helped to prevent me getting worse.  Sorry for the rant.
  • steve51
    Hi @DMH

Thanks for the reply, I’m very very sorry ? to hear about your gp.

Yes I was in the same boat ?‍♀️ (Ship) with my gp. I ended up knocking him on the head.

So I have got a Great ? gp now.

I had a Stroke which effected my lefthand side 

Since my subsequent brain ? opps I have got chronic pain down my righthand side.

Thus leaving me with no “good side”
  • DMH
    My good side gets jealous of my bad side and decides to throw a couple of sickies ones in a while leaving me stranded with no good side to turn to. Having to sit still is a enabling me to write more and I sm ever so grateful for it. So if I ever come across as pieved off, it's because I'm digging my heels in and am putting it all down on paper. Do I do apologise, I don't mean to offend. Have a restful night. 
  • steve51
    Hi @DMH

Good Morning!!!!!!

You don’t need to apologise that’s what we are all here for.

Please please let me know if I can help/support you further?????
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @DMH Thanks for the reply we understand.

I mentioned my health issues because I was on my knees. With the lack of support from many of the charities that deal with mental health.

So contacted Richmond Fellowship.  What I forgot to say  Also deal with the main problems but with any benefit issues and hope, try to resolve them.

Can and do sign post your issues and problems to any one in the charity to deal with them.

Help with forms and anything else benefit.  Attend assessments. Got an advocate as well to help me with my Doctor.

Some one to represent me to speak to the Doctor. Something else to look at.

Hope we can help and advise. We as a community here to listen.

One final point have a look at speaking to CAB . Helps sometimes to have some one who you can talk to face to face.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness