Hi, my name is mandyklee!
I was trying to get in touch with the Lincolnshire Scope branch but they were unable to give me the information I required.
I was hoping you could give me an opinion on a development occurring in Lincoln at the Brayford area. There will be a footbridge built allowing pedestrians to get a quicker access to opposite side of a train track without the hassle of waiting at the borders. However, plans recently changed, which meant that in order to save money, the rail line will have to remove the lift shafts, that were originally planned for use for disabled people. This now means that once the footbridge is built, disabled people will have to wait at the crossing whilst individuals with no disability can walk over the new footbridge,
Ethically speaking, what is your stance on this, as the charity does state, ' Equality for disabled people'.
- 53.9K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 154 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 792 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 265 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.6K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 686 Chronic pain and pain management
- 705 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments