Call from IAS asking me to attend assessment next day — Scope | Disability forum

Call from IAS asking me to attend assessment next day

bservedcold
bservedcold Member Posts: 2 Listener
In July I received a ESA50 form which I sent off within the deadline. I heard nothing for a few months and then out of the blue at 4.45pm one night I got a phone call from Independent Assessment Service on my mobile asking that I come in the next day for an assessment.

I said no as I hadn’t received any notification or letters from the DWP, and I needed someone to come with me. I then attended several weeks later.

In the meantime I also got told my DLA was finishing and I’d have to claim PIP. I sent that form off and now again rather than any word from the DWP, I got two phone calls and a text from the Independent Assessment people wanting me to come in for an assessment within the week.

I suffer PTSD.These text and call cause tremendous anxiety. I specified I’d prefer the DWP contact me by letter. Why aren’t they writing and telling me they need me to attend assessments? 

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.