Hi, my name is Homebird! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Homebird!

Options
Homebird
Homebird Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone I think this is a great idea this could be a chance to talk to people and get a few helpful tips for the up coming winter month . One tip I had from my mother was always have a couple of plastic carry bags in your bag so if it’s raining ☔️ and you need to sit down on a bench just place your bag on the bench sit to get your breath back then offer it to the next person .if not take and put in the first available bin . This has done me well in all weathers hope it helps some one .

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Homebird, and a warm welcome to the community!

Great tip, thanks for sharing this with us. I'm sure that will come in helpful at this time of year! Do get involved with the community and if we can be of any assistance, just let us know.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Homebird

Welcome to our online community/family!!!!!

“Great advice” many thanks ? 

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help/support you with????
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Homebird welcome to the community! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Homebird   Pleased to meet you.

Thanks for sharing. Great tip. My favourite one at this moment is for the Winter is first having a store of simple standbys.

Easy to use and do make one pans and pots.

These include Wok to pan Noodles, Microwave rice.  Passata and spice mixes. For instant Pot noodles and Rice for those cold days.  Add in a stock cube.

In the fridge any of those packs of Lardons, Chorizo get diced all ready for you. Plus how about Cooked Chicken from the Sunday roast .

I buy those deli packs of Salami and other . Just helps to boost a flavour to a soup.

Make the sauce in blender or food processor.  Have in the freezer. Usual standbys Peas and Beans. Plus one or two others. Sliced Zucchini.  Mushrooms. Onions and Butternut Squash all diced and sliced for instant Soup.

Hope that helps..

Great to speak to you.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness