Hi, my name is Lliwen! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Lliwen!

Lliwen
Lliwen Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I'm a disabled person who has become disabled as I've got older. I find it difficult at times to adjust and tend to feel isolated even when I have people around me. At the moment the main thing I'm feeling is cabin fever! I really don't like having lots of help as I used to be a very independent and active person. At the same time I know I am one of the fortunate ones. So many children are born disabled and I respect and admire the parents who dedicate themselves to excellent and loving care of their beloved children. I also admire those gutsy people who are the real gamechangers and have battled so much that has helped people like me.

Comments

• AnkyieSpon
    AnkyieSpon Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    Hi @Lliwen, I know what you mean, independence is a difficult thing to let go of and I'm sorry your feeling that way but accepting help is not a bad thing. I'm sure there are others who have experienced the same and can give advice here. 
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Lliwen :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lliwen welcome to the community! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Lliwen Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing. I understand about wishing to be independent and try to deal with life's little problems.

I live alone and cope the best way I can. Like your positivity. I am born disabled as I have got older it is becoming a strain to be lonely. Isolation is a never easy thing to deal with.

Plus the mental health is getting to me. Yet it is the little things we all have to deal with.

I hope that by being here that you will find us all friendly. Be supportive and kind.

Some times we need to ask for help. Please do.  Anything that you think you do not know. Some one in the community will advise . Offer their words of support and be a friend ready to listen.

Pleasure to meet you.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lliwen

Good Evening & Welcome ??

Pleas please let me know if I can help you in anyway?????

Many thanks.

• Edster77
    Edster77 Community member Posts: 162 Courageous
    Hi @Lliwen Welcome how are you doing today?
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lliwen, and a warm welcome to the community!
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Lliwen and another warm welcome for you. You mention 'cabin fever'? Do you have any methods of dealing with it, hobbies, interests, that sort of thing? I'd be interested to hear.
    Warmest best wishes,
    @JennysDad

Brightness