PIP tribunal successful - how long does it take to receive backdated money? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP tribunal successful - how long does it take to receive backdated money?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If he's claiming housing benefit, ESA and council tax reduction then this will be all he can claim. He maybe able to claim a discretionary housing payment for help with his rent but you'll need to speak to his local council for them to send you a form.

As for the PIP your next step is a Mandatory reconsideration (MR) and you have 28 days to request this. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I waited about one month for paperwork and payments from pip tribunal.
  • kwitty26
    kwitty26 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks for your help. I just hope we can sort something for him in the meantime and hope we can overturn this decision. Seems really stupid to stop it now when nothing has actually changed with him. Just had a copy of the report from his assessment and loads of things have been written differently to what I actually said. Seems like they are trying to stop as many people as possible from getting anything.
  • Barlow88
    Barlow88 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Won my pip tribunal last Wednesday rang Friday and they got my.paper work from tribunal I'm struggling for money now can I ring and see when I will be getting paid again 
  • Mikey44
    Mikey44 Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
    I’m Waiting for my money also Barlow spoke to them on Friday and they said they haven’t received my paperwork from the Tribunal yet and when they receive the paperwork it has to be sssessed by DWP then work out Monies owed and also my bank details are the same and check if the DWP want to Challenge the Tribunal ruling and if they don’t it will be up to 4 weeks for all angles to be covered and Dot the I’s and cross the T’s and then wait another 28days for the money to clear and it should be soon so the way they are talking I should be refunded by 2020 ??? they like to drag it out 
  • Princessonfilm
    Princessonfilm Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi there, 
    I have just had my very first PIP Tribunal after waiting for almost 52 weeks on 29th October 2018 after it was cancelled due to my judge, I am so thrilled that i won my case because the woman who originally assessed me for my PIP was not a fully qualified to do my assessment because she made some errors and lied on some of the questions that i originally answered witch made me feel so upset because someone was lying about my disabilities witch wasn't true at all.

I don't know anything about these Tribunals and how they work out and also the back pay on what they owe me, I have rang up PIP and they told me that i have to wait 4- 5 weeks before everything has changed as they have the right to appeal the decision and also myself (witch i don't wanna do) i just wanted to know when everything has been sorted as i am finding this extremely difficult.

Any help would be appreciated
  • poppy123456
    Hi there, 
    I have just had my very first PIP Tribunal after waiting for almost 52 weeks on 29th October 2018 after it was cancelled due to my judge, I am so thrilled that i won my case because the woman who originally assessed me for my PIP was not a fully qualified to do my assessment because she made some errors and lied on some of the questions that i originally answered witch made me feel so upset because someone was lying about my disabilities witch wasn't true at all.

I don't know anything about these Tribunals and how they work out and also the back pay on what they owe me, I have rang up PIP and they told me that i have to wait 4- 5 weeks before everything has changed as they have the right to appeal the decision and also myself (witch i don't wanna do) i just wanted to know when everything has been sorted as i am finding this extremely difficult.

Any help would be appreciated
    Great news. Yes, DWP have as much right to appeal the decision as we do. To do this they must first ask HMCTS for the statement of reasons. From this they must find an error in law, without this they can't take it any further.

Backdated money can take at least 6 weeks. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do in the meantime but wait.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Princessonfilm
    Princessonfilm Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you for letting me know 
  • Barlow88
    I rang last week and they got my decision from tribunal same day I went the bloke on phone told me they won't be appealing mine and was told 4 to 5 weeks 
  • Barlow88
    Had a letter from dwp today saying they got my info 
  • SuSmith
    SuSmith Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    During my PIP tribunal which I won, I had the forms which the assessor wrote for my first assessment, and they wrote lots of lies that I hadn't said. How can they get away with that?
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @SuSmith. So sorry to hear about your PIP experiences, but glad to hear your tribunal was successful!
  • lisabrazil80
    lisabrazil80 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
    Hi I won my Pip on the 13th of December does anyone know when I will receive my first payment and my back pay and how long can you shed some light on this please so I know how long to wait thank you
  • poppy123456
    Hi I won my Pip on the 13th of December does anyone know when I will receive my first payment and my back pay and how long can you shed some light on this please so I know how long to wait thank you
    It can take 8 weeks to receive back dated money. As Christmas is so close it's very unlikely you'll receive anything before.
  • dannyUK76
    dannyUK76 Community member Posts: 106 Courageous
    I have been waiting since November 19th no backpay yet and won’t be to the new year as there’s Christmas then bank holidays. 
  • lisabrazil80
    I know you're waiting for your back pay but have they started your PIP payments every month have you had a PIP payment can you tell me please I can wait for my back pay or just want my payments to start up anyone know when I get my first payment from Pip thank you
  • poppy123456
    It can also take 8 weeks to start your payment up. DWP have as much chance as we do to appeal the decision. To do this they have 1 month to ask for the statement of reasons, from this they must find an error in law in making the decision.

I doubt it very much if you'll receive anything before Christmas.
  • lisabrazil80
    I'm on my appeal on Friday the 13th I got a letter through today from HMV courts and tribunal says my entitlement to anyone know what I need to do now can you shed some light on it please
  • Barlow88
    Is your statement of reasons @lisabrazil80
  • poppy123456
    I'm on my appeal on Friday the 13th I got a letter through today from HMV courts and tribunal says my entitlement to anyone know what I need to do now can you shed some light on it please
    You don't need to do anything other than wait for DWP to contact you. This can take about 8 weeks, as previously advised.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.