I did not receive my £10 Christmas bonus — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I did not receive my £10 Christmas bonus

caiden5
caiden5 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I was wondering why I have not received my £10 Xmas bonus, I receive pip 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @caiden5 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and your question.

Have you rung them.  Number is 0800 121 4433.

Hope that helps.

We are a friendly, supportive community. Care and share.

Please ask if we can advise on anything. Some one will know or a member of our team.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited December 2018
    caiden5 said:
    I was wondering why I have not received my £10 Xmas bonus, I receive pip 

Hiya, @caiden5 have you had the letter yet stating you entitled, if so you will get it, if not then call the DWP... The rules surrounding Christmas Bonus is if you haven't recieved by the end of December give them a call on this number 0800 121 4433
    leave it till the new year.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• caiden5
    No I have not received any letter, I got both last year, it’s strange 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    It says on the gov website:

The Christmas Bonus is a one-off tax-free £10 payment made before Christmas, paid to people who get certain benefits in the qualifying week. This is normally the first full week of December.

You don’t need to claim - you should get paid automatically.

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • caiden5
    I know I normally do but not this year, no letter and no money 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    You'll need to ring them, no one here can tell you why you haven't received it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • caiden5
    I just thought it might of happened to someone else, that’s why I asked 
  • poppy123456
    Sometimes it's not always paid separately. It can be added onto any other benefit you claim. Mine was added onto my Carers allowance this time. It depends if you claim any other benefits.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    My wife had hers with her Attendance Allowance. I only get my State Pension and haven't had the bonus.
  • Aquarius
    Aquarius Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Caiden5 I also didn’t receive my £10 bonus and I’m on pip my daughter is my career and and didn’t receive her’s either, so looks like I will have to also ring them in the new year! 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Yeah my Son never got his, he's my carer but I got mine on it's own in the account my PIP goes into.
  • poppy123456
    WF2k said:
    Yeah my Son never got his, he's my carer but I got mine on it's own in the account my PIP goes into.
    Mine was paid on top of my carers allowance, tell your son to check his last carers allowance payment.
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    WF2k said:
    Mine was paid on top of my carers allowance, tell your son to check his last carers allowance payment.
    Mine too.  I have never received a letter, and have always received it as part of a normal carers allowance payment.
  • [Deleted User]
    Yeah, he checked it when I asked him if he had gotten it last week, but he has another payment coming up on Monday, don't know if it'll be in with that?
  • poppy123456
    He'll need to check this week payment. I only have my carers allowance every 4 weeks and it was in my payment for last week.
  • [Deleted User]
    He got this weeks payment last Friday, he didn't have the bonus then.
  • charlie79
    charlie79 Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    they have stopped doing christmas bonus
  • [Deleted User]
    @charlie79 I believe that's for people on UC.
  • Zebra88
    Zebra88 Community member Posts: 55 Courageous
    I didn't get mine with my PIP payment in December even though I was entitled during the qualifying week. I called and they said there was an unspecified error (the call handler was rude and refused to tell me) and said I would get it by the end of December. It was in just before Christmas. A few people I know have had to call and ask for the payment. You are not the only person this has happened to... just wish they had explained why as it worried me a bit. I got a letter today saying I am entitled to it and it will be paid by January. Online it says first week of December...
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    As I've mention above, anyone that haven't recieved their Christmas Bonus. Call the DWP in January. 

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.