Sex with a disabled person — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sex with a disabled person

RANDY1
RANDY1 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
Good morning people,Please can i ask why lots of woman dont want to sleep with a disabled man ?,i am feed up with there selfish woman attitudes towards disabled men i am 50 years old meduim build long hair clean shaven & yes i walk with a stick but i am disabled with m.s.,SO BASICLY NOW THIS HAS HAPPENED MY SEX LIFE IS OVER.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2018
    Hi @RANDY1 welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear this, have you checked out our sex and disability section?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    A lot of men don't want to sleep with a disabled woman, either.

I'd move away from the "selfish" language, though. You're not entitled to sex, so nobody is being selfish by not having sex with you. That attitude repels women really fast.
  • RANDY1
    Hey,some woman are selfish because they don't want to know about sex with a disabled maI AM NOT SAYING & I HAVE NEVER SAID THAT MEN ARE INTITED TO SEX I AM TALKING ABOUT MY LIFE & MY EXPERANCES
  • RANDY1
    Hey,I am sorry but i refuse to be told what to do ( in a message that was sent to me ) sorry again
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @RANDY1
    I think there are a lot of social issues around sex and disability, the way that disabled people are portrayed in the media tends not to be as a sexual being.

Im sorry to hear you have had issues, but there are a lot of people who do not judge others based on the impairment, it's just about finding those people.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • RANDY1
  • RANDY1
    If i have to live & suffer this m.s. & everything that gose with it - oh great but i dont think its very nice that every woman that i know or that crosses my path has to be selfish even woman @ the m.s. club,what has happened to people that want to be nice to each other.I didnt ask for this life all i wish is that idoit that people call god give it to some one who is in prison so i can go back to work & get a girl friend again because no woman on this earth wishes to sleep with a disabled man.HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERY BODY
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    We all have different needs, friendship and support are more important than physical intimacy but I wish you well in your search for love in the coming year
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • RANDY1
    Your a 
    Woman so this is the kind of thing that i espect
  • james4
    james4 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Hi Randy
    I am going against popular opinion yes most women do not want to know even my wife won't have sex with me i am weak, skinny and she no longer finds me attractive and even suggested i go elsewhere to have it so went on dating site and had no REAL interests, i know now i will never have sex again if i had someone it would make me want to carry on but as it stands i'm just ticking the days off waiting to die i have mnd
  • Deb_Alumni
    Deb_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 180 Pioneering
    edited December 2018
    @RANDY1 I am sorry that you are feeling so upset with your relationship situation.  Our community is a place to help and support everyone, and is not ever gender focused.  Your comment to @Sam_Scope is not necessary, as she was merely offering an opinion and trying to provide support to you.  Please do not direct negative comments directly.  If you need a reminder of our community rules you can read them here https://blog.scope.org.uk/house-rules/

Debbie
    Online Community Manager
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I was worried when I became disabled that my partner would not find me attractive anymore and that we wouldn't have sex anymore. Sex is not important to us, love and intimacy is. 

Fortunately, my partner still loves me for the person I am. He will even admit he struggled at one point because all he could see was my disability and not me. Yes it broke my heart but he needed time to adjust just as much as I did.

Not everyone is the same, there is someone out there. Dont look for love, let love find you.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • RANDY1
    Well you both must have a good relationship i am single male & is allot different because plenty of woman have abused me & be nasty & call me names because all the woman that i have come accross so far have been very nasty to me because they all they want is a man to give them a good seeing to & if you are disabled then you are not up to the job,this is why most woman are very much selfish & the world would be a better place without them
  • CockneyRebel
    Relationships are seldom built on physical intimacy. Respect, understanding and friendship are by far a better starting point.
    I don't think that it is the women that are selfish,  is there a reason why they have abused you, called you names and been nasty to you
  • RANDY1
    Carnt you read they have done it because i am disabed
  • RANDY1
    Carnt you read they have done it because i am disabed
  • CockneyRebel
    Sorry @RANDY1 I don't think there is anything I can do to assist you but I do wish you all the best for the new year
  • martins
    martins Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    Sorry to hear what you have been through but not all women are the same. 

Brightness