PIP/ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP/ESA

dave123
dave123 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I get enhanced rate PIP,mobility and Standard care, my wife works part time and we get disability component Tax credits, should i claim anything else as we pay full rent and council tax, many thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Any other benefits you could claim will depend on household income and circumstances. I'd advise you both to make an appointment at your local CAB for a full benefits check because it's impossible to advise anything on an internet forum without knowing all of your details.

You maybe entitled to help with your rent but you won't be able to claim housing benefit unless you have more then 2 dependent children. All areas are now a full universal credit area, so it will have to be UC. If you claimed this then your tax credits will stop and it will become part of UC.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.