Hi, my name is Shan! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Shan!

Options
Shan
Shan Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello.  I have been suffering with chronic back pain for over 6 years.  I also have Fibromyalgia, some days when the fibro flares up and the back pain is bad I could scream.
I have been given lots and lots of different painkillers, but so far nothing has worked.  I have recently started Duloxetine for the Fibro which has helped, I no longer get the debilitating leg spasms.  I am currently seeing an Orthapaedic Surgeon who believes I may have to have an operation on my back which I am frightened of.  I am waiting to see a Pain Management Counsellor, but I have already seen two and I was not at all impressed.  Both gave me injections in my back which had no effect on the pain so I was discharged.  The most recent one discharged me with Morphine.  That was no help at all and my GP stopped it.

Today I have washed 3 shelves and washed the bathroom floor and now I am in agony.  I also have severe arthritis in both hands and am waiting to see a Rheumatologist. Oh dear that is just one huge moan.

On a brighter note I go to aqua robics twice a week and enjoy it the water really helps with the pain and it's a shame I cannot live in the pool.  I have two delightful grandchildren and the best husband in the whole world.  If he didn't care about me so much I don't know how I would cope.

If anyone has any tips or is taking any meds that really help the pain I would love to know.

I am 64.
:)

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Shan Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.   Sorry what you are going through.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide advise and help new members who join.

You asking about meds and what you take. I think it is important to say we as a community are not medical professionals.

There are products on the market and you need to find and do your own research .  Go on line spend sometime finding what is right for you.

I would say consider looking at other options. Such as acupuncture .

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @shan

Welcome it’s great to meet you today ?

I am one of the “Community Champion’s “

We have got a “Chronic Pain Advisor” 

I will forward your post onto her for you if that would help?????

https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-a-chronic-pain-advisor

Hi @ClaireSaul

Can you please help me with this post????

@steve51
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @shan, and a warm welcome to the community! Great to have you here.

You may like to join in our dealing with chronic pain discussions here on the community, to connect with others. Do get involved, and I hope today is as kind as possible to you!

Brightness