Chronic Migraines and pip - ever successful? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Chronic Migraines and pip - ever successful?

NicoleW
NicoleW Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi I'm new to the forum and was after a bit of a boost :( 
Had my pips form back this week and I have been given 0 points. I tried not to get my hopes up but the guy I saw was so very supportive and really understanding and even added comments like "wow you must really struggle" and "oh yes I understand why that's hard"  .... .. that big fat 0 felt that a real slap in the face. 

I suffer with chronic migraine but it's the neurological side effects which are making life so hard. My speech, vocab and memory have been greatly affected so much so that I've given up a job I love as I can't remember half of it any more or the customers I used to work for. I've lost presious years with my kids and husband and can't remember yesterday at all. 
I still work but doing basic admin as I struggle with consentration and memory recall. 
Ive been having about 15 migraines a month with bad headaches every day. These then affect my blood pressure, my ballance and my general well being. They have also triggered fatigue as well as limb weakness and numbness.... So much so that I've lost the sence of pain in my left arm and face.   I've literally burnt myself and not known untill I've blistered 

I can't remover the last day I felt good, however because inbetween these migraines I can make a meal and get out and about so I've scored 0 points but mostly I'm being aided. .. 

Do I have to wait untill the migrains fully take over my life for them to be classed as point makers?? 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP is not a benefit awarded because you are suffering or have a illness or disability, it is awarded against your abilities in reference to the PIP descriptors that you where asked about when you filled in your application form. The acessment was to allow the acessor to see if the answers you submitted in your application from where, and are justified in their opinion at your acessment. If the acessor seems kind or understanding of your situation if you personally do not can not meet the PIP descriptors to be awarded the benefit then you will have to start a MR giving evidence as to why the award was wrong giving several examples for each of the descriptors you are appealing  against.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    I really do wonder why we even bother putting any information on the PIP2 form sometimes. It seems that some assessors have their own agenda based on how you were at that particular hour on that particular day.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.